3M

Found 143 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,565 reviews

Insights into 3M

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Time to move on

Unfortunately over the past few years there has been little positive change. The work is good although a lot of responsibility is left up to the associates and operators.

Pros

Decent benefits

Cons

Shifts and schedules change last minute frequently.

I thought I accepted a job at one of the best companies in the World...

3M oversold and under delivered. The culture is terrible. They used to have a lot of contractors, like 100. The full timers treated the contractors like garbage. As if they were better than them. Now there is no contractors.Management/supervisors only talk to production workers if they want to complain about something. Otherwise they walk right by you without acknowledging your existence.A large portion of income is related to a 12 hr shift premium. If they don't like you they can stick you in a dept thats only on 8 hr shift. Or if business drops they can switch everybody to 8's and cut the shift premium. They're able to reduce their wages GREATLY before having to lay ppl off. Looks better in the papers. Keeps staff hanging on by a thread. Like dangling a carrot.15 min breaks

Pros

Benefits are good

Cons

Mind numbing work

Milton was not an great place to work

Hired on contract, but then the rkle was shifted to US and was let to go only to see they are hiring for the same roles again in Milton. Pay is not that great either.

This is perfect place for work

It’s the best place that I have ever worked. World vide university. You will learn a lot and apply your knowledge at the workplace. Participate in United Way support program, volunteer. This place has everything- good pay, life work balance, appreciation and recognition. I would say it was more a famaly for me than just workplaces.

Pros

Good discounts for the company products

Cons

Non

Employee safety is not valued

I have worked in several factories now and would dissuade any family/friends from ever applying to this Brockville location specifically. Continental 12hr rotating shifts are the norm, unfortunately, in the manufacturing/production world and 3M is no different. The shift length and schedule rotation is the least of this plant's worries, though. Terrible team culture, little to no actual training, lack of leadership across all departments, and a complete disregard for employee well-being and safety in some high-risk areas all contributed to a less than okay work experience. Not every production line has the same level of risk, but each that I saw and took part in had outdated safety precautions or none whatsoever. Avoid this if you value your well-being or want to make it past 2 decades of factory work. There is no excuse for leadership to undervalue the safety of their teams and workspace.

Pros

You get paid a standard wage

Cons

Complete disregard for employee safety

Sales Rep

Some fantastic people at 3M. Some mangers I really learned and grew with but a small few I felt like I was unappreciated. Room to move up if you can relocate and prove your numbers.

Pros

Nice perks like 3M store, beautiful offices and great co workers

Cons

Insanely complicated commission structure which made no sense and was clouded in mystery.

Production worker

This place is awful to work for , if your a contract worker you are treated like dirt. If you do not get along with your supervisor you can kiss your job goodbye.

Good Work place

It is a pretty good workplace where everyone is respected (atleast I am) and you opinions are heard. Work can sometime be stressful, but the overall atmosphere is very positive which helps in overcoming the stress.

great place to work

I loved my work and the people I worked with. Very fast paced environment but everything was well organized (including great ergonomics). Company takes a very good care of you. Very professional, thoughtful and personable management.

Pros

Good benefit package, great events, management makes sure that you are happy

I liked working there

I have no complaints about the job. I actually loved what I did and adapted to the 12 hour shifts. What really burnt my butt was they wouldn’t hire me off my contract. I assume that was because of my attendance....1 - I’m a single mother to 2 Kids who play hockey and 2 - I had 2 miscarriages that caused me to miss some time. They seemed to have no care about this. All they care about is their numbers. People should not feel like they are just an invaluable # and that’s what 3M does.

Pros

Reasonable pay

Cons

Nothing but a number

Enjoyed working.

Got on the job training before the start of work. Capacity building system. Kind and polite managerial staff. Beautiful working environment. The best part of working experience

Pros

All the help within the framework and agreement.

Cons

Did not experience any.

I enjoy working at 3M there is room for advancement great people to work with! Some flexibility for home life is taken into consideration down side is continual schedule changes.

Learn more with passion, fun and hard work

3M is one of the largest companies around the world, I have worked with them for more than 5 years.Thr work was interesting and requires great effort and accuracy at business applications as well as the nature of the key customers on a level of knowledge or the work so you have to be careful and accurate

Pros

Excellent business experience, knowledge, good salary

Cons

Constant change in the management

Great place to work wish I was still there

Amazing people management included. Do you job and you will have no problem this company has really great people working for them from top management to your peers. I wish I was still there working I really miss the job and the people.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

good pay, fast paced work environment but feel like you are living to work

work with some great people each and every day. most days are stressful and time demand driven. workplace culture could use some work. not a very rewarding work experience overall.

Pros

great pay

Cons

stressful

Great place to work very knowledgeable work and management team. Highly automated facility which creates challenges and a need to keep up on new technologies

Productive and fun workplace.

I absolutely enjoyed working at 3M, gave me a lot of new knowledge about PPE. Meet a lot of new people that worked with 3M, and were very welcoming, and willing to help me with anything that I needed. Great experience, I'd recommend 3M to anyone.

U3 Person

I would take finished orders to the wrapper, make sure all machines and operators had everything they needed as well as going into the warehouse to get anything they may need, help with change overs, clean wearhouse isle. It wasn't a hard job was on the go for 12 hours had three breaks it was pretty decent. Only thing is you are contract threw a temp company and only hired if the London head office give the company the okay to hire people.

Pros

Good pay, friendly people, nice benefits, time off, vacation pay, company BBQ, company parties

Cons

No real job security, they could clean up programming software

Had a good time to work there

1.Good atmosphere of work 2.Productive work because products were made by teams 3.Co-operative workers 4.Follow proper health and safety measures 5.Proper cleanliness 6.Friendly staff members

Official response from 3M

24 April 2020
Hello,Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed working for 3M and really appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

Busy, and safe.

Friendly staff. Task oriented and want results safely. In production they try to train all personnel at all positions so the job doesn't always result in daily routine resulting in boredom.

Was a rewarding and challenging position.

I stocked the company store and ordered supplies. I worked in shipping and receiving. I organized and did inventory control. I occasionally worked in the company store.

Pros

Had a rewarding position.

Cons

temp workers are treated like second class citizens, full time employees are protected even if they cause problems a lot, no prospect for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 3M. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare 3M with