Here to help
Coronavirus update

3M Employee Reviews

Canada132 reviews
Got on the job training before the start of work. Capacity building system. Kind and polite managerial staff. Beautiful working environment. The best part of working experience
Pros
All the help within the framework and agreement.
Cons
Did not experience any.
I enjoy working at 3M there is room for advancement great people to work with! Some flexibility for home life is taken into consideration down side is continual schedule changes.
3M is one of the largest companies around the world, I have worked with them for more than 5 years.
Thr work was interesting and requires great effort and accuracy at business applications as well as the nature of the key customers on a level of knowledge or the work so you have to be careful and accurate
Pros
Excellent business experience, knowledge, good salary
Cons
Constant change in the management
Amazing people management included. Do you job and you will have no problem this company has really great people working for them from top management to your peers. I wish I was still there working I really miss the job and the people.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
work with some great people each and every day. most days are stressful and time demand driven. workplace culture could use some work. not a very rewarding work experience overall.
Pros
great pay
Cons
stressful
Great place to work very knowledgeable work and management team.
Highly automated facility which creates challenges and a need to keep up on new technologies
I absolutely enjoyed working at 3M, gave me a lot of new knowledge about PPE. Meet a lot of new people that worked with 3M, and were very welcoming, and willing to help me with anything that I needed. Great experience, I'd recommend 3M to anyone.
I would take finished orders to the wrapper, make sure all machines and operators had everything they needed as well as going into the warehouse to get anything they may need, help with change overs, clean wearhouse isle. It wasn't a hard job was on the go for 12 hours had three breaks it was pretty decent. Only thing is you are contract threw a temp company and only hired if the London head office give the company the okay to hire people.
Pros
Good pay, friendly people, nice benefits, time off, vacation pay, company BBQ, company parties
Cons
No real job security, they could clean up programming software
1.Good atmosphere of work

6.Friendly staff members
Official response from 3M
24 April 2020
Hello,

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed working for 3M and really appreciate you sharing your experience with us.
Friendly staff. Task oriented and want results safely. In production they try to train all personnel at all positions so the job doesn't always result in daily routine resulting in boredom.
I stocked the company store and ordered supplies.
I worked in shipping and receiving.

I organized and did inventory control.

I occasionally worked in the company store.
Pros
Had a rewarding position.
Cons
temp workers are treated like second class citizens, full time employees are protected even if they cause problems a lot, no prospect for advancement
I worked at 3M for 4 months in between school terms. It was a good experience for me to see the operations and processes that go into a production factory. My job was to deliver supplies hourly to each of the operating cells within the plant. It was a fun job because I got to drive around the plant in a 'train', and was able to form friendships with the Cell Operators over time. This made the work experience much more enjoyable, and I was able to truly experience what it is like to work apart of a large team. The only difficult thing about this job was the overnight shifts. If you don't mind working overnight, then this might be a great job opportunity for you.
Its a good place to work, but they need to be a bit more organised.

conflicting infomation coming from management made it stressful at time but in all its generally a good environment
Pros
got free items and lunches
Cons
disorganised
I never felt like I couldn't ask someone for their advise, and there was plenty of opportunity to learn new things. I was constantly surrounded by people with different skills and roles.
Really enjoyed my co-op there! I really liked the atmosphere where I was allowed to ask every question I could and learn about everything, as well as the changes for team building and company bonding.
Great Culture, Collaborative, great pay, benefits and work life balance.
The people are friendly and open, they encourage learning and giving back to the community around them.
Good place to work. Great pay. Collaborative with many people to see successes within the company. Forward thinking, always on the edge of technology.
3M offers a good stable job with lots of benefits. They are a very big company therefore do not expect for quick growth into promotions. Each department has different perks and it seems as though working in the sales side of 3M in Canada is the best way around job oppurtunity.
Great place to work, people are fantastic. if you are lucky enough to be an actual 3M employee the benefits and company activities are amazing. If you are a Contingent Worker, however, you don't get treated like part of the team, supervisors tend to treat you differently than the full-time staff and you are excluded from some of the company functions.
Great company to work with. Very stuck on formal education. They will pass over an expert in a field because they do not have the proper letters after their name.
Working at the Brockville 502 3M plant felt like a prison sentence.
Your experience will be completely based on your co-workers. I worked with a few people who became great friends but as soon as you get a good rapport with any co-workers, you will be separated to different lines or shifts.

Our associates were completely unsupportive and abusive. When a new associate was brought to our line they treated us like slaves. We were told we weren't allowed to speak while on the line at all. If we did, we were yelled at and separated. We were told we could not touch machines which we were trained to use, but also if we didn't immediately respond to the machine issues were were again, yelled at. One weekend I was left alone to run the line for hours as my associate took 6 hours of break over two shifts, then the associate came out from the break room because they saw me struggling to keep up and they called me "pathetic and childish." When I brought this to my supervisor nothing was done. Two months later the same associate started yelling at me for no reason at the end of our shift bringing me to tears, and had two shifts before brought another worker to tears. We went to our supervisor asking for something to be done about the bullying and abusive environment which which was having a massive effect on our mental well being, nothing was done and the associate then made a complaint about me using my phone (which I left in my lunch bag) and I was "no longer needed" at the plant with immediate effect, even after working at the plant for over a year.

The supervisors have nothing