3M Employee Reviews

Found 101 reviews matching the search See all 3,466 reviews
Bad place to work
Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON9 August 2019
Very bad management third party xpo logistics running very badly to 3m 3m know nothing what they doing never work there supervisor are very bad and manager is racist
SAP production support
SAP Test Lead/SAP Functional Consultant- OTC/P2P (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN10 April 2019
SAP production support. Good working environment. I was from Canada and it was stressful as I was away from family. Rest all well and good company to work for
fun
Anniversary Park Superintendent (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 March 2019
enjoyed my time with 3m, good environment, good people to work with. All seemed to enjoy their job, and employers alike. Highly recommend people to seek employment there.
Excellent professional work environment
SalesForce Data Steward / Business Services (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 February 2019
3M Canada is a great company to work for, I had the opportunity to work in three different departments where I learned to use SAP and SalesForce.
I also had the opportunity to lead a Marketing Research project in the Safety Department, working with a great group of professionals.
Pros
Company environment
Cons
Job security
Great company, if you are a follower its ideal...if you like to challenge you will struggle
Country Market Leader (Former Employee) –  Distrito Federal17 February 2019
Amazing company, they really try to have their employees happy but the management and continuous vertical shifts in management make it very hard to focus and create expertise on the commercial teams. Marketing and sales are not creating competitive advantages for the company, a big company with a lot of opportunities but very slow to take on them.

Good benefits, and opportunities to move vertically withing the company.
Average
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON10 January 2019
I was just a summer student but I was treated like one of the team and felt it was a summer well spent. Good place to make a desirable summer paycheck.
Planner and purchaser
Material Planner (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 November 2018
Managed inventory, customer orders and repairs.
Reviewed calibrated units and ensured they were up to date.
Involved with shipping and receiving.
Full time for 4.5 years.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON8 November 2018
great place to work, folks are amazing to work with, never working in the heat. lots of standing on your feet for long periods of time. hope this helps.
Market Research Intern
Market Research Intern (Former Employee) –  ON3 November 2018
Great place to work, people here are amazing to be with. They guide and support you in every possible manner. I wish i became permanent here once i finished my internship but apparently they were hiring only experienced candidates and I was just out of college.
I hope i get in again someday.
Pros
Great Work Environment, Good Product Mix
Productive and really enjoyable place to work
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 November 2018
Very good environment to work. Friendly management. Easy to adjust to the day to day work life. Have to work for long hours during the peek situations.
Pros
friendly management
Cons
have to work long hours in peek situation
shift workis not for me
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON31 October 2018
Not a big fan of working for corporations or doing shift work, just not for me. Will never work for a company like this ever again. Not a good experience.
Accounts Receivable/Collections (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 October 2018
Daily AR duties
Learnt a lot as their software was difficult.
Management could have been more caring for the department.
Hardest part of the job was the people I had to work with.
Enjoyable part of the job was that I made people laugh.
3M is only for people with friends within the company
Sales Sample & Exhibits Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 October 2018
No room for advancement unless you have connections within the company. No benefits unless you become a 3M employee. They want you to work hard but do not allow for advancement.
Good Experience
QA Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2018
Good Experience and learnt lot of new things, high recommendable place to work with. Co-operative and friendly environment i had. They teach new things coming in the market too
Enjoying with my workmates and mag prospective task
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region24 August 2018
I started working at a young age and I was early in the story of how to integrate and adapt to people around you who are working with boss and costumers. At first I thought I could work for money but later I also learned that you should not just work to earn money but also work for knowledge.

Since then I wanted to work even if it did not fit into my study or experience because I wanted to increase my knowledge and try myself how far I was and what I could do more.

So I decided to work abroad to try my best how to get along with other people and to learn their culture.
Pros
Full bebefits
Cons
Unpaid over time
Not a bad place to work.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON5 August 2018
I worked here for a little over a year as a contract worker. I only left because of the birth of my child. While on my maternity leave I decided to go to college for a better paying day job. I worked shift work while here at 3M and that would be hard with a baby so that was why I decided not to go back.
Pros
Not bad pay.
Cons
12 hour shift work.
3M is an manufacturing organization driven to provide returns for shareholders
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2018
3M Canada's roots are in manufacturing and industrial, and as such, working outside of those divisions can be challenging.

Overall the company is very focused on developing it's team, and provides a long term role for many.
Very fast paced work
Corrugator (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON20 July 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with here. They were as helpful as they could be. Very safety oriented employment and very strict. This is beyond fast paced work and you are expected to put out a specific amount of product which is expected . They hosted barbeques and other events for the people to show appreciation.
Pros
bonuses for no time lost safety
Cons
productive and friendly work environment, treats employees well.
QA tape lab technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 June 2018
Daily tasks usually included quality testing of the products made in the factory, had and incredible time meeting and working with the people in the lab and the factory during my time at 3M. Learned many new tasks and wasn't stuck to one particular job the entire time.
Fun, productive and collaborative place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton, Ontario17 May 2018
Fun, productive and collaborative place to work. Typical day is busy working with the Sales team. Ensuring that their meetings are stress free and their AV equipment is compatible with their laptop. Catering is ordered to dietary restrictions if any and internal and external guests are welcome professionally in a timely manner at the branch.
Pros
Working for a Fortune 500 Global Organization
Cons
No Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 3M. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K