3 Brewers

3 Brewers Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
My experience wasn’t all good at the restaurant, the management was over paid, everyone was competing for the chef attention no one had teamwork you would like it
want to cook? go to a restaurant that does good food. Learn and practice. Don't be a robot. This is an assembly line job. You'd do better working at a factory. Management was terrible from head office to storefront. Bland food and beer with nothing to offer.
After 4 years as a GM I went trough 2 president 3 CFO, 6 regionals countless accountant and RH staff, this tells the story. They set up a mentor program to support the store one month later they don't follow the program. You are on Salary and they want you to do all kinds of hours making your wage lower then the hourly staff.
Pros
use to be great years ago
Cons
not much
Very good work environment. The head chef consults with other cooks regarding the menu.The general manager treats each employees equally.Residents do not hesitate to compliment cooks,if the food is good.
A typical day: long hours for little pay. Managers are paid far below industry standard.
What you learned: you can guage the quality of a business by how quickly they hire and lose managers. This place has a revolving door. In the time I've been there I've seen 5 GMs, 8 assistant managers, and at least as many KMs leave the company.

Management: No vision. No plan. Reactionary, not proactive.

Workplace Culture: definitely changed for the worse since January 2018.

The hardest part of the job: Going in to work.

The most enjoyable part of the job: leaving to go home.
Pros
They make beer on site.
Cons
You're not allowed to drink the beer they brew on site.
The culture was outstanding but changed radically over time. Attitudes became very restrictive and input from even regional was ignored in favour of uninformed opinions from those outside the immediate brand
I have to say that I didn't enjoy this job very much. I loved the restaurant atmosphere and management but at the time I was working there, I was the youngest so I was last choice to most everything. I didn't get breaks even if I worked a 9 hour day!
lots of choices for beers and drinks,
beer brewed on property,

beer tasting as well as tour on beer making process,

friendly and helpful staff, great location
Fun place to work because everyday is something different and there is always something to do. People that you work with are amazing and what make it so fun. Management is not so good, they are pretty arrogant and there is very little support from them. There is no opportunity to move up unless you are seen as a favourite by management which is unlikely unless you are one of few that have been there since opening. There is a lot to be learned with this company about the industry though.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
management
I really enjoyed working with everyone on staff, whether it be my coworkers or managers. Everyone was easy to get along with. Customers were also welcomed with a smile, and so were very friendly (with a few exceptions).
The job itself is not hard, it just gets a bit tedious and repetitive.

I've learned a lot about managing a restaurant while talking with the managers. They are very open and helpful when it comes to questions. The hardest part is probably trying to stay busy when there is not much going on, or dealing with reckless customers.

overall a great part time job.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
can be a bit tedious
Zero job security, given many too many tasks because of higher ranking lazy employees do not want to do their assigned tasks.
Pros
Meals
Cons
Travelling
A fun environment for all employees, a good work balance.

They brew all of the Beer in House and the food menu is a great complement to the Beer.
I have just started at the restaurant and have no complaints thus far. I am opening the location with the company and am excited to see how things work out.
A typical day at work was;
*Prepare backup for the back house

*Count inventory

*Prepare and make food items

*Cleaning

I learned how to cook better and make different foods that i haven't prepared before.I also picked up on cutting skills and food preparation skills and i learned how to work in a fast pace environment where i had to make foods within certain a certain time.

My co-workers were very supportive as i was new to cooking in general. The gave a lot of feed back and were very helpful.

The hardest part was remembering all the menu items that I had to prepare and the length of time I had to make every dish.

The most enjoyable part for me was that I was always doing something and that I had no time to slack off. I was productive and I really enjoyed cooking.I got to listen to music while I cooked and prepared foods, as I was always relaxed when working.
Pros
Free food, relaxed environment
Cons
very repetitive unless you decide to change positions from back of house to front of house.
Overall style of the restaurant and the food is impeccable. The staff and managers are what make the job for me. I have yet to work with better people in a very busy environment.
I enjoy working with my team and work hard to help the restaurant be successful. The part I love about my job is the daily interaction I have with clients. The most enjoyable part of my job is supporting my team mates and watching them succeed. The management team come together to invest in their workers and make development plans to help them improve.
Pros
fast past environment
Cons
long hours with no break
This is a place for hard workers and crazy waiters. Very fun experience, would have kept the job if I could've. The staff is just awesome to work with, but management is a major downer. If you work over there as a waiter, you can expect a long day that will pass by real quick because of how busy you'll be. Just keep your head low and don't voice your opinion too much and you'll keep the job.
Pros
good money
Cons
late closes, and the bosses are terrorists.
Everyday is different, but everyday is a day that I am happy to be where I stand working with The 3 Brewers. Some days it may be long and tiring and standing around gets difficult, but with a supportive management team and reliable servers, the time can fly by.
managing the daily operation plus cooking supervise the service , the quality and make sure it is profitable.
scheduling the staff with daily review.

Adapt to any new decision from the head office.
Pros
nothing
Cons
70hour's/weeck