24-7 Intouch Employee Reviews

Bad service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB Waverley15 January 2019
To start off, you don't have much choice when it comes to schedule. Recruitment gave me two time frames to choose from for availability.

Once you are done with a-bay everything is not what were your expectations set, during training. There are not enough support on the floor. Most of them would also decline support if you told them that the caller is asking for a supervisor and always ask you to de-escalate a call even if the customer is already frustrated which just shows terrible customer service. Some would even tell you to just let the caller wait until they hung up. But at the end of the day that call will show up on your stats and not theirs.

They don't have work force team to monitor status of agents. You'll see agents sitting on post processing for more than 10mns doing nothing which is unfair for those who work as expected. You only get to talk to your TL once a month if you're lucky. Some don't even update you on your performance.
Pros
you get pay for it
Cons
all mentioned above
Minimum wage, sexist, racist, homophobic
Service Desk IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 January 2019
Management is sexist, racist, homophobic. You self-consensus of your value? Of Labour Laws? Out spoken of the toxic atmosphere? You will never advance.

Management will use people until they break. This is coming from someone who working in their head office IT department. Stay away at all costs!
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Sexism, Racism, Homophobia, Toxic Office Politics.
Good working environment
Customer Service Expert (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 January 2019
Good work atmosphere, a very diverse company, flexible in some of their policies, Very clean environment, Friendly people and amazing staffs.
They look forward in improving their staffs
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Waste of time
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 December 2018
The workplace has very high turnover. Their systems are very out of date and not simplified. Depending on which account youre placed with, for what is required, the systems are too complicated.
Doesnt make job or work very enjoyable.
awesome place to be.
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 December 2018
the day goes by and you don't even know it.
It's an awesome place to work. the workplace culture is tailored to bring out the best in us. they give us so much confidence in what we do.
Pros
games, gifts, free coupons, promos and lots more
Cons
short breaks
good place to work
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 November 2018
It was a good place to work. Pay was okay. You did get a bonus if you were able to to get the top seller for the week. The prizes were okay. Sometimes a gift card other times things.
Just don't
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 October 2018
You're better off working at McD's or BK. If you can last one day, I wish you the best of luck. They hardly touch on everything in training, so unless you can handle the work, don't. Be prepared for shift work. The work environment is not that great. Do yourself a favour, look somewhere else.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
24/7 Intouch Winnipeg Waverley
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 October 2018
Alright so where to start....

The hiring process was my first red flag. Had to wait two hours even though I had a scheduled interview. They were herding people in like cattle. During the actual interview, they pressured me to change my availability and hinted they wouldn't hire me unless I did. Found out later that others were hired with my original availability. I had to be interviewed by two different people even though they didn't ask me any relevant questions to determine if I was qualified. Also the interviewers were not able to answer my questions about the structure of the company, department or salary.

Training: The trainers themselves were very good. The resources and tools we're awful. We didn't have access to anything during training and just had to try and remember everything once we got on the floor. Hardly any practice which made the first week very difficult for the entire class. Lack of floor support. Had to wait with your hand up for 10-15mins while you had a customer on hold. The floor supports also gave different asnwers every time. It made it very difficult to understand what you were actually supposed to do. When you ask for an explanation on why we do a procedure (for more understanding) most had no idea and just would get irritated that you asked. The floor supports and TLs would be annoyed if you asked for help. They said when you go on the floor, "Don't be afraid to reach out to anyone. Everyone is happy to help." This was not true at all. I think only 15-20% of the leaders and support staff were actually open to having you ask questions. The
  more... ones that were, we're very helpful and actually had a lot of knowledge they were willing to share.

My immediate supervisor only talked about himself during our "coaching sessions". When I did have a question or would point out incorrect information given by a floor support, he would interrupt me and just tell me that is the way it is. I had some colleagues that didn't even meet their supervisor until the 2nd or 3rd week out on the floor by themselves.

The equipment was constantly shutting down and there was no tech support. There were no checks done on broken computer or signs indicating which ones were having issues. You would just find out after trying to load your profile and tools. Sometimes I had to try 3-4 stations before finding one that worked for my shift. There is no assinged seating so you just had to try and find a spot with a working computer.

This is genuinely the worst call centre I have ever worked for! I was looking for another job within the first week. I am not saying this to cause a big fuss, I thought it was good to warn people that the other reviews on here are very misleading and were one of the reasons why I applied in the first place.

The only time I would recommend this workplace if someone needed a job immediately, even then I would suggest they actively continue looking for something else.
Pros
Newer building and fun coworkers
Cons
Pretty much everything
I only just started working here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 September 2018
It is great place to work to gain experience in the customer
service field. You get to experience office environment while not actually working in an office.
It pays
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 September 2018
This isn’t an awful place to work, assuming you have no other commitments. They tell you they are flexible with school schedules, but that’s a lie. It’s almost impossible to go part time. Most of the management and staff were great, but you better hope you will never have to go to HR. This is the worst HR I have ever dealt with, they will belittle your concerns, and even go as far as to make you work next to the person(s) who harassed you. If that doesn’t bother you though you can make quite a bit of money.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Hr, poor scheduling
Great people, management and job culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 September 2018
A typical day at work would be - setting up your station and take calls if there is a wait time between calls you can talk to your colleagues
This type of job teaches you patience and leadership
Management is one of the best I've ever had. Very supportive and friendly.
Workplace culture is one of the best - every month the job offers new activities anything from playing Jinga on the floor or free BBQ on lunch
The hardest part of the job was leaving this place
Most enjoyable part is literally everything made lots of friends even with the management
Pros
Great people, management, never a dull moment, job colture
Cons
Pay depending on your account
Horrible Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 August 2018
Hires abunch of people and then fires abunch at the same time. Just got fired along with 90 other people and now they are suddenly hiring again. so unprofessional.
Fun & Relaxing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 August 2018
Fun place to work, lots of incentives for employees, leadership is outstanding although the job security is not the best. Most times it is contract work to handle the busy times then the contract is over. They do have a few full time employees although securing long term employment can be challenging.
Pros
you set your shifts
Cons
little chance for full time employment
It was a wonderful experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 July 2018
It is a good place to work. You can get to do things at your pace initially but you have to set targets for yourself as you settle in. There is always room for improvement
Pros
Casual workplace
Cons
The pay
Very poorly managed, difficult to make any changes.
CSRII (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 July 2018
Not much to say, to be honest. The company is poorly managed, and recent development has made it hard to get rid of the useless teammates. Laziness is to be expect, and is practically rewarded by never being properly coached or dealt with, and if you work hard, they will ask more of you until you break or quit. You will not feel particularly valued, no matter what amount of work you do.

Culture wise, the company is similar to highschool, in that everyone has a clique (Smokers, gossipers, hipsters, etc etc). If you don't belong, you won't make friends.

The environment is fairly stressful, enough so that you will probably end up smoking. Everyone does there anyway, so...

Management is god awful. Submitting vacation time is extremely difficult, borderline impossible, and if there's a mistake, it will take weeks to be corrected.

Only good thing about this company is that the pay CAN be decent, if you speak french, and land in a good account. You might make as much as some TLs.
Pros
You get paid.
Cons
management, poor hours
decent place to work depending on the account you are in
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 July 2018
I've heard of the bad accounts at this job. The managers can make or break how you feel about the place. The people are usually pretty cool. The job itself though, is the worst part of it. Not super hard, but you deal with nonsense from people everyday
n/a
Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 July 2018
The job is a good job to get by, especially as a student, your life will be easier if you have a good rapport with your supervisors. the hardest part of the job is the customers, they can be rude sometimes but you will get by if you are interested
Pros
easy job
Cons
crazy customers
Don't belittle.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 June 2018
The place is honestly laid back but amazing. The people around you are amazing too and everyone gets along. You pick up the routine and work pretty quick since its very easy so stick with it as long as possible if you're perm. After 7 months I felt like the soul was being sucked out of me since the work for me got repetitive so I quit. I later realized it was a huge mistake because 24-7 has a unique charm you can't find elsewhere.
Pros
2 breaks and a lunch
Cons
Lunch is unpaid
Unmotivating + Bad Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg21 June 2018
I think 24-7 Intouch as a company does care about their employees especially in terms of providing support such as immediate answer to questions, free snacks day, games or any fun things. So kudos to the employee experience team (the only thing that's great in this company).

My problem is with the account though; I was assigned in an account with a toxic environment and bad management. I have never seen a manager who's words of encouragement includes "because of your bad performance, I'm going to be yelled at by our clients so do a good job!"

There's no flexibility with your schedule at all plus they have a really bad scheduling arrangement, the TL's look really stressed out and sometimes you feel bad to ask help from them because they have a lot going on. This is something wrong with a certain acct only though as I see that other employees from other accounts look happy with their jobs so...

The only enjoyable thing while I was in this company was the people I've been friends with, I met a lot of good people here (from TL's, to support and fellow agents) although almost all of us left already so this definitely says something about the management.
Pros
good people, good employee experience team
Cons
Stressful environment, Bad management, No flexible schedule (you can be lucky though)
Questionable.
Sephora Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 June 2018
Manager was very rude to me, supervisors never help phone agents...not a very positive environment. One of my coworkers was literally on the phone for over four hours with a client and received no help from higher staff.
Pros
decent pay and hours
Cons
terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 24-7 Intouch. Our community is ready to answer.