2001 Audio Video

2001 Audio Video Employee Reviews

Not sustainable in the Durham region for anyone with a family or mortgage. This is for younger persons with limited responsibility outside of work. Or a retiree looking for extra money.
They promise 3 days off a week and to respect the 40 hour work week even with 11 hour shifts, however you are usually still given 5 days a week of shifts. The promised 15 and half hour breaks do not exist and your one break is your meal, moment you finish it you are expected back on the floor. Average employee can't hold a conversation and training is abysmal. The extent of the training was "go look online and learn yourself" the handbook refers to the 6 steps of a sale but the senior employees never go over it or demonstrate it. Lastly you spend more time trying to keep yourself busy than anything else. Aside the holiday season the store is dead and time crawls.
Pros
It pays?
Cons
Hours, training, lack of breaks, senior employees
My time at 2001 Audio Video was fun and a great learning experience. I did not however like the 11 hour days and the shifty upper management that would make me fight for the pay I earned.
Pros
Fun stuff to work with
Cons
Long Hours
Culminating my almost 9-year journey with this company has been both challenging and gratifying. I can confidently say I am not only a much better employee/worker because of 2001 AV but I have obtained a plethora of experience/skills and polished the ones I already had coming in. On the management side, having had several different groups of staff work under me over the years has been an amazing feeling. Mainly because most of them were and are representations of me and everything I was taught and trained on. Through and through a fantastic organization to be apart of.
Pros
Canadian Owned/Operated and Exciting New Products
Cons
Benefits could be better and Long hours
Learned about tv's, stereos, amplifiers and home theater equipment. Very stable company and employees were nice and very helpful.
A lot of opportunity you get paid based on how hard you work as it is a commision based job. Hours are long and there is a lot of work, But as I said the harder I worked the more I got paid.
Pros
Money making ability
Cons
Hours
- Gained knowledge of electronics from various companies - An overall fun place to work
  1. Employee reviews