2001 Audio Video

2001 Audio Video Employee Reviews

Impossible to hold a conversation with other employees and awful work life balance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie Ontario Canada11 October 2018
They promise 3 days off a week and to respect the 40 hour work week even with 11 hour shifts, however you are usually still given 5 days a week of shifts.

The promised 15 and half hour breaks do not exist and your one break is your meal, moment you finish it you are expected back on the floor.

Average employee can't hold a conversation and training is abysmal. The extent of the training was "go look online and learn yourself" the handbook refers to the 6 steps of a sale but the senior employees never go over it or demonstrate it.

Lastly you spend more time trying to keep yourself busy than anything else. Aside the holiday season the store is dead and time crawls.
Pros
It pays?
Cons
Hours, training, lack of breaks, senior employees
Fun place to work, Long hours
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 February 2018
My time at 2001 Audio Video was fun and a great learning experience. I did not however like the 11 hour days and the shifty upper management that would make me fight for the pay I earned.
Pros
Fun stuff to work with
Cons
Long Hours
good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 June 2015
Good place to start to learn sales techniques and how to professional and effectively communicate with customers. You will need to work weekends to have to the best opportunity to earn commission.
Enjoyed working as a seasonal employee
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2015
Learned about tv's, stereos, amplifiers and home theater equipment. Very stable company and employees were nice and very helpful.
Great Company to work for.
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager/Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, On21 July 2014
A lot of opportunity you get paid based on how hard you work as it is a commision based job. Hours are long and there is a lot of work, But as I said the harder I worked the more I got paid.
Pros
Money making ability
Cons
Hours
Productive and fun
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON16 January 2014
- Gained knowledge of electronics from various companies
- An overall fun place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 2001 Audio Video. Our community is ready to answer.