18 WHEELS LOGISTICS

18 WHEELS LOGISTICS Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
Almost good
Working there was good superviser sukhpreet kaur was amazing. I worked there for around 2 months and feel good about that place but the pay rate is little bit unfair
Fast paced and busy
Pro

Learn new items about logistics and the third party warehousing industry almost everyday

Most people in office work together in collaboration

Con

Warehouse manager is harsh on team members
Productive and fun workplace
A typical day at work is responding to phones and emails. Ensuring documentation is sufficient for payment and customer billing requirements. Very great energized and productive company to work for!
Pacific North West USA Supervisor
I started working at 18 Wheels since they opened in the Pac NW.

It's been a good experience to learn how about the logistics industry and also learn how to develop some of my leadership skills.

Our managers both care about us and are available to us at anytime. They encourage us to make decisions on our own and learn from mistakes.
Friendly people, enjoyable, scaling business
A typical day at work for me involves handling billing for about 30 designated accounts.

I've learned how to do full cycle accounting and how to use quick books in a much deeper way than I did before.

There is a new CFO who has been very involved in helping the company move its technology up in the accounting, its good to learn from him.

The manager in accounting, is a lady that can be very strict, over the top at times.

The culture is pleasant, people work together and generally help each other out.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with customers who avoid us due to not paying their invoices on time.

I enjoy working with the team and that I can walk to work!
Pros
Good atmosphere, leadership
Cons
Industrial setting
Growing company with pretty good opportunities.
A typical day at 18 Wheels in my role is handling e-commerce and distribution customers, I help them ensure their orders are fulfilled and delivered on time. The industry seems to be really on a boom right now.

I've learned a lot of the logistics industry and how it really moves the world.

Management is over good, there is a manager in accounting who is not good for the culture but I think she is being replaced, other than that I enjoy working with the management team, they provide good leadership which allows us to work on our own but at the same time have access to help.

Culture is above average, the company has a large foot print but the team is not that big, people care about each other and the office atmosphere is positive for the most part.

Hardest part about my job is working with the invoicing department as they are in a different office and communication can be difficult to say the least.

I enjoy coming to work everyday and learning new things, being in a industry that is riding a wave of growth is fun.
Productive and relaxing work environment
A typical day at work would involve either unloading containers of their products onto pallets, shrink-wrapping completed pallets, and placing them in required areas of the warehouse. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people, and the team effort required to complete most tasks. An employee will rarely be left to their own devices.
Very terrible place to work in.
Majority workers were punjabi who feel bothered seeing other races being hired.
No english on the floor. Very un Canadian work place with minimum wage and abusive lead hands towards other races.

Dont work there if you cant speak Punjabi. Low pay and they dont pay for overtime which is illegal.
Excelente
El trabajo es muy lo único malo es que muchas veces los compañeros están muy pendientes de tu trabajo creo que falta un poco de unión y familiaridad de parte de las personas que trabajamos en esta compañía. El Manayer es una excelente persona y trata los empleados con mucho respeto..
Good place to start
18 Wheels Logistics is a good place to start, the work environment is great and you can develop skill there. Unfortunately, the salary is under the average.
Good industry and company
This is my 4th year here now and a lot has changed I must say.

When I started I was a customer service rep, and have transitioned to logistics. I've been able to work in several roles which has been fun because I am able to learn new things everyday.
Pros
I enjoy my manager he has good leadership skills, the company continues to move forward and tries to stay innovative
Cons
The industries seem to be very competitive
Growing now
The management team seems to be changing over the past year. They are focusing on being more engaged towards making the company run more effectively which is positive for he culture.
Pros
Get to learn a lot about the logistics industry
Cons
Need more managers instead of all flat line
Management had problems.
I was getting yelled at almost every day from both of the managers ( the fat one who sits on her butt all day in the office and goes out for a smoke occasionally,) and the warehouse manager the chinese woman who just yells at people
Cons
rude staff
Most employees are friendly
Great place for those who seek experience. The company is growing at a steady pace. Management is good and helps employees whenever needed. Work place can be stressful at times.
Pros
Stable job
Cons
Slow advancment
Toxic work environment
Since I've been here, the staff has been nothing but toxic. Nobody here other than some coordinators want to work as a team. Constant yelling among the staff. I swear everyday there's people yelling and blaming each other. The company brands itself as a respectable company with good teamwork and I can tell you that it's none of that. The salary is extremely low with no benefits at all. Owners are too focused on sales and not internal Operations. They hired a terminal manager to handle the Operations. However, the terminal manager is extremely toxic and yells and blames employees all the time and somehow made the situation worse. Employee morale is very low leading to terrible customer service.

This place is a mess. Only when the owners actually slow down and see what is going on with the Operations and care about it's employees does this company have a chance to succeed.
Pros
Some nice employees
Cons
Most staff are toxic, low wages, constant yelling
Everything was good
Thesupervisor was very much uncooperative towards his employees. Not honest person not even hard working too. Not good working atmosphere. Pay was also so less
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Less salary