1-800-GOT-JUNK? Employee Review

View all 1-800-GOT-JUNK? reviews

Fun work environment, great staff to work with
Sales/Driver/General Labour (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON14 February 2013
A fairly laid back atmosphere, where having fun and working hard went hand in hand. Dealing with customers, haggling over prices, navigating the streets of Kitchener/Waterloo and surrounding areas under tight deadlines was an excellent way to pay the bills. I knew I wouldn't be able to make a career out of it however, but until I returned to the Georgian Bay area, it was a great working environment. Most days followed a standard routine; clean and prep the trucks, review the schedule and sales with management, then roll out, perform on the spot sales with a colourful cast of customers, followed by a landfill or donation run. We also were required to invent and carry out various marketing duties when possible. As stated before, I left the job for a better career but was definitely sad to leave.
Pros
meeting new people, working hard and getting dirty.
Cons
not enough hours, tough to support a student girlfriend and myself

Other 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Employee Reviews

Great culture, and a boss that cares
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 March 2018
I've been with the company 2+ years and have enjoyed it thoroughly. The days fly by and the work balances out evenly between hard jobs and simple ones. The culture is everything. I've never had a job before that I didn't dread going to before Got Junk. The work changes day to day, you're never in the same place and it gives you a good work out. I couldn't ask for more.
Pros
Always something to do, the day flies by
Cons
Sometimes gross, long hours
Don’t trust the safety supervisor
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
I don’t trust safety supervisor because he lied and cheat steal. for the company if he can make sure the companies protected for your back he will take you for a ride and lie to you at all times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 1-800-GOT-JUNK?. Our community is ready to answer.