1-800-GOT-JUNK?

1-800-GOT-JUNK? Employee Reviews

Canada156 reviews
Featured review
1-800-GOT-JUNK? selected this as a representative review
fun, active workplace, hard working employees
Working at gotjunk has been a great experience so far. the workers are friendly and the clients are great. the pay is good with all the bonuses you get, the managers try to keep the day as good as possible for you. the uniforms are pretty nice and the trucks are convenient and good. some days are hard and some days are slow, but in all the work is amazing, and you never have to go to the gym.
Pros
great coworkers, good pay
Cons
long days, dirty work
Productive and fun workplace
A productive and fun workplace to work for like doing the job gets to meet lots of different people. drove to a commercial location and removing anything on the property
Team was good/management couldn’t care less
The experience was hardening. The team I was able to build while there was exceptional. management coming from Calgary was pushy and disillusioned. They didn’t provide us with any benefits. And the truck team is compensated very poorly for holding the entire weight of the business. Owner is off somewhere travelling the world while we all slaved. Disappointing experieex to say the least.
Pros
Meeting and building a team of young hard workers
Cons
Get taken advantage of. No work life balance. Revenue, revenue, revenue. If you don’t hit that. Then no life no life no life.
Franchise Management Team careless about the state of their business especially the poor state of their trucks. All they just want is revenue.
I learnt alot the little time I spent there but had to learn the hard way. Management Structure is poor. Uniformed and friendly truck team members where amazing to work withwas good Very old truck with rusty box.
Pros
Friendly TTM, learn good customer relationship skills.
Cons
Aweful management
Terrible company to work for !!!
Terrible company to work for , verbally assaulted by a team coach , management didn’t do nothing , I do not recommend this company at all. Too much work and little pay .
Worst job I ever had
DON'T WORK THERE UNLESS YOU NEED MONEY TO PAY RENT
this is the worst job I ever had, nothing is good enough for them, they tell you all you need to do is show up on time and smile, which is what I did, but they still brought me in their "coaching rooms" at least 5 times a day every day to basically tell me I'm a piece of (u know what but indeed wont let me write it), made me listen to my calls and only focus on the negative, even though I say all their scripts perfectly. they also told my japanese friend that we're in canada so here we speak english, which is so racist and mean, he cried and quit, and literally all my friends there had anxiety from the job. the only thing I liked was going on breaks to juul in the bathroom, oh and they got mad at me for being 2 minutes over my break lunch even though I get to work half an hour before my stoopid early shift. Just don't work there. I made enough money to pay rent and quit!! boy bye.
All in all decent place to work
Honestly I have a pretty positive experience overall with GotJunk, but feel like they still have to improve in a lot of ways as well.

First and foremost 1800gotjunk has a pretty decent. management team, my personal experiences with them have been pretty good, but I can see why some people aren’t a fan. But I feel it’s more like nit picking stuff.

The job is physical sometimes gross, sometimes super easy, sometimes you just wished you can quit the job right then and there. Your fellow colleagues for the most part are great to work with so it’s nice if you get a guy or gal you get along with, helps make the day go by faster with someone to gripe with about the current job but still work and in no time the horrible job is over, or gets the good job done in no time flat. Go in with an open mind you will be fine.

The fleet could be cared for better, like keeping up to date with servicing of the trucks, or if reported minor issues are fixed and dealt with quicker. It would be nice if they gave out dedicated vehicles so that maybe fellow colleagues would take better care of the interior of the truck, knowing that they were going to use that truck whenever they are in shift . I used to have armour all wipes and try to keep the trucks clean, but To be honest I gave that up. Atleast with dedicated trucks you know who has and you can keep everyone accountable.

Now for the negative first and foremost the pay is def lacking for the amount of jobs we do, and the physical nature of the job. They post $19-24(those are great day numbers, not so much avg) but that is a bit of
 - more...
Pros
Willing to work with your schedule, management is pretty decent, fellow colleagues are great to work with, Awesome company parties 1 every couple months, free food and booze and said events, 3 days off a week
Cons
Favouritism, pay, operations decision making
Excellent place to work
Excellent place to work and ideas are appreciated and implemented. Daily huddles, team meetings, vibrant sales floor and friendly colleagues. I would recommend the place to my friends and family
Happy and Fun people
This is a great place to work. You’re out and about all around the city. Management makes sure you’re well supported and safe. Only thing I’d change is their profit sharing scheme, or maybe a raise for the amount of work you do. This is a physically demanding job, you’re often left tired at the end of each day and you don’t have a set finish time. You could work anywhere from 5 hours to 12 hours in a day.
Great company
Great place to work, almost always keeping busy and paid well.

Cons would be never knowing when your off. No real set time for being off. Some jobs your hired for are beyond sanitary and can be multiple days

Pros:

on the road for the day, see lots of nice places. Removing some "junk" from most places can be a clean and easy task
Not a good place to work
I had left for work one day and within an hour of being at work I had gotten a phone call that my house was on fire so I told management and went to my house to deal with the fire and fire department and police within 15 minutes of looking into my house fire management had called me asking me to “hurry up and get to my first job of the day”. They do not care about their employees at all and will steal from their pay cheques as I had to take them to court to get my money back which I won.
hard, but rewarding work
Great company to work for! Management goes out of it's way to provide a good working environment for employees. Work is hard, having to haul junk out of people's basements, but the team is great. Great co-workers make the day go by fast!
Pros
Great tips, great team, great culture
Cons
some jobs are disgusting
Awful
They care more about saving a couple $ than they do about workers safety. Ask anybody who has worked for the company the #1 complaints you’ll here are the managers. Especially jeremy
Cons
stress free and relaxed atmosphrere
you pretty much run your own little business inside the truck. The drives can become tirsome but that is overcome by shared driving with team mate....
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
very slow in winter months
One of my favorite jobs
This was one of the most rewarding jobs I've had. Although it's minimum wage, the additional incentive made this job worthwhile. The owner of the franchise is one of the best employers I've ever had. He was always eager to give us advice and praise, constantly building our skills . Some situations weren't ideal, but you would go into them with someone else and it made it much easier to get through. If you like hard work and a job that's never the same, this is the place for you.
Fun, easy job but horrible management
The job itself is fun and pretty easy. The guys in the trucks quickly become your friends and a "brother/sisterhood" is easily formed - this is the best part of the job. The pay + tips are okay and working outside and in different environments every day is exciting.

The in-office operation leaders who aren't upper management are mostly understanding and considerate, and able to help you out where they can with job scheduling and any issues that arise.

Upper management however is absolutely horrible (bear in mind that this company is run by franchises and might be different in a different area). They give absolutely 0 care to anything in your personal life. They do not care to help you out when you're on a difficult job, they will often schedule more jobs within a day than you can handle but fully expect you to do them all. I have heard managers berate my coworkers and verbally abuse them, they enjoy feeling superior and only care about how much money they bring in. I was terminated for no reason and given no explanation, with no prior performance issues or reviews.
Worked here for a year
It’s a cool place to work if you’re fresh out of high school or on a summer break from college. But I wouldn’t recommend working there if you’re a single professional trying to save up towards securing your future. Cool people overall but their system of management is wack and political. Lastly, no job security. “THEY RECYCLE PEOPLE LIKE JUNK”
A joke of a job
This was by far the worse job I ever had. The only good thing about the job was my coworkers ...Besides that, everything else is a complete joke. The worse is management. Even if you did the job perfectly they will figure out a way to mess you over because they don't like you. So you better suck up proper if you want to advance in the company...I'm being serious. If not, Run...run and don't look back
Meh.
My experience with this company was, meh. I mean the job itself is super easy, you get paid a reasonable hourly wage and it’s pretty easy to make extra incentive money. The culture of the office is relaxed. A lot of the agents on the floor are nice and friendly. Management however, an absolute MESS! Unprofessional, nobody really knows what they’re doing. Team leaders tend to pick favourites a lot and if you’re not one of their favourites then you’re screwed.
Horrible Place To Work
The sales centre portion where they take inbound calls is a stressful place to work as you get back to back call with minimal breathing time between calls.
The turnover ratio of the agents is astronomical, and they never give valid reasons when they let you go.
terrible management
favoritism, and sexist behavior is awful here. The management is awful and they always put men above women in every situation.

They are simply awful