1-800-GOT-JUNK? Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2018
I’ve been working at 1-800-Got Junk since June 2016; In the two years that I’ve worked here, I had seen first hand how the management is interested in keeping its employees motivated and in a pleasant and comfortable work environment. Since day one you get the feeling on belonging to a team.

I was surprised to notice that even though it is a medium-sized company, there are opportunities to grow and develop a career as long as you aim for it. In general, I feel that 1-800-Got Junk has a great culture as well as its flexible with your schedules.
Pros
Flexible Schedules and great work environment
Engaging, Challenging and Rewarding
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2018
I have been working with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Toronto since 2010, and although this is the only "real job" I've had, I really can't imagine another workplace that checks so many boxes on the Great Place to Work list.

I started in the trucks as a driver, and after 4 years on the ground, transitioned into a sales position in the franchise office. Since then I have developed a number of skills, challenged myself with rigorous goal setting and review and have been afforded the opportunity to celebrate my successes with a great leadership team.

Whether it's a summer job or the first step in a long career in Junk Removal, 1-800-GOT-JUNK? provides a great setting for its employees to flourish.
Great Place to work for someone motivated
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2018
Great culture, fun people to work with. Compensation is excellent. Lots of hours but if you're putting in the work, you will be making tons of income.
Amazing corporate culture and job
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 June 2018
Prior to working here, I wasn't looking for a career, but definitely see myself growing and progressing here. Most of my day consists of pretty variable work, which is great because it allows me to interact with various departments and people, but I can't say the same for everyone's experience. The culture definitely encourages work-life balance, which is a stark contrast to what I'm used to. Unity within the organization is a great perk as it's promoted through various company events and daily company-wide meetings.
Fun, Energetic, Great Culture, Professional Development
Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 June 2018
I have worked here for 7 years. I will work here another 7 if I can. Best company I have worked for. Lots of professional development opportunities, lots of support from leadership. Goals are high but you are provided the tools to hit your goals. Highly recommend this workplace.
Pros
Professional Development, Mentoring, Benefits
Cons
Some long hours and aggressive deadlines.
Great culture and development opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2018
It's amazing to see the deep focus on culture and development at 1-800-GOT-JUNK?. The culture runs through all levels of the organization and you feel it from the moment you start. There are tons of opportunities for development as well with well-organized performance reviews and engagement and development plans to help employee achieve their personal and professional goals. The blue is also a great colour to wear!
Pros
101 Life Goals program. Awesome culture, team and energy. Focus on professional development and pushing you to achieve your goals.
Cons
Video conferencing functionality between offices. But does this really work perfectly anywhere?
Amazing workplace culture
Navigator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2018
I started working at 1-800-Got-Junk? Toronto 4 months ago and the experience has been nothing short of amazing! The culture at the Toronto franchise is awesome... It feels like one big family.

Management does a great job of communicating with employees and leading them, rather than having the typical "Boss" attitude.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with a really cool group of people, it really makes the days go by fast. Another cool part of the job is the cash tips and coming across some good finds in the field, TV's, sports memorabilia etc.

I'd recommend a Filed/Truck Team Position for anyone looking for a low stress job with some flexibility.

I'd also recommend that Management continues to organize the free monthly outings for the employees.
Pros
Free Events, Flexible Hours, Good Earning Potential, Great Training, Free Breakfast & Snacks daily, Nice Staff
Cons
None at the moment
Really good people, aim to learn and improve
Truck Driver, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2018
The people that work there are great! People are not perfect but they try and truly care about one another, even on a personal level. The days are long but the time goes fast. If you like having control of your day, new experiences and meeting new people around the GTA you'll fit right in.
Pros
breakfast snacks, lots of contests for results and cool prizes, bonuses on performance earned daily
Cons
weekend shifts maybe required, long days but only 4 a week.
Great culture, good life/work balance
Driver Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2018
Met a lot of really great people working here. It's tough physical work, but a third day off per week makes it really easy to rest and have a good personal life. Also lost a lot of weight working here.
Pros
Lots of autonomy
Amazing Company to work for
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 June 2018
Base wage with incentives and bonuses, great benefits, awesome location in Vancouver with great company culture and room to grow. Great for a start in sales as well as room to advance in the brands.
Great People and Learning & Development Opportunities
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 June 2018
Love the culture here -- great office environment, awesome and motivated people. Tons of opportunity for personal and professional growth.

I have grown my career here from truck team member through several sales roles to leading a sales team, and it is great to see other people here with similar career paths. I continue to be challenged in my day-to-day as well as my career growth plan.

Highly recommend!
Amazing place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC6 June 2018
Best job ever!
I stumbled on !-800-Got-Junk? while crossing the street, a friend of mine was working for them and encouraged me to give him my resume, what a great decision that was! I've now been with the company for almost 5 years have advanced to the General Manager position. I've been to a conference in Hawaii, numerous other trips throughout Canada and the U.S.
The best part is the culture, getting to work daily with so many like minded people makes it feel like we're not even at work. Highly recommend getting into one of the 150+ franchises across North America, you'll be glad you did!
Pros
culture, team, work outside, never boring
Cons
long hrs, hard work
It's all about People! Great Culture and advancement
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 May 2018
Great culture and atmosphere.

1-800-GOT-JUNK? continues to develop people internally so they are prepared for their next role.

I really enjoy the time spent with all the teams at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Very quick to collaborate and share best practices.
Pros
Advancement, Development
Best company I've ever worked for!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON30 May 2018
I've worked at this company for many years, doing all jobs from starting as a truck team member to various roles in management. This company is one of the very few companies out there who I believe truly care about and for their employees. It's certainly not just a place where you're a number or a means for the owners to make more money. They truly care about you. Granted the work in the field is hard, but when a manager comes around in the summer as the Gatorade Fairy bringing cold drinks to a hot job, you know they actually care about you!
Pros
Amazing culture, managers who care
Cons
Truck team jos is a hard, physically demanding job
Great environment to work and grow!
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 May 2018
The first place where they walk the talk. When they talk about teamwork and personal development, they actually mean it, and it is very easy to see how they manage to keep people around.
Pros
Strong/fair leadership, Excellent on-boarding program, real team environment
Cons
Open office concept can get a bit noisy at times
Great place to start your career if you're a go-getter
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC29 May 2018
It's a great place to start your career at the bottom. Very easy to advance - just follow the training and set goals. Unfortunately, the space on the top (general manager position, operations manager positions) is limited but you can get some great resume out of your experience there.

Great culture, good management though varies by location. You meet many people, your day is never the same, very adventure-like job.

But some jobs are back breaking.
Pros
good management, great culture, positive athmosphere, pay
Cons
Takes a toll on your body, risk of injuries
Bad
Truck team member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 May 2018
Probably the most under-payed job I have done. Would not recommend unless you want to do backbreaking work for next to nothing for a salary. They tell you to try to up sell the customer and the whole business model is shady.
Pros
driving a truck i guess
Cons
hard work for little pay - no scheduled breaks at all
Un environnement pour grandir et acquérir un bagage incroyable
Directeur des opérations (Current Employee) –  Longueuil, QC25 May 2018
Une équipe de gagnants. Une culture d'entreprise favorisant la croissance personnelle.
Des valeurs basées sur le communication et l'entraide et le dépassement de soi.
Work hard, play hard and celebrate your wins...
C'est notre façon de voir les choses.
Chaque journée est une aventure, et vous avez une reconnaissance incroyable de 90% des clients.

Meilleur job a vie.
Pros
L'ambiance de travail, flexibilité des horaires, reconnaissance des clients
Cons
Des lieux de travail parfois inusités / hrs de travail parfois imprevisibles
Unreliable fulltime workplace
Field team member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2018
At 1-800-GOT-JUNK? You got a lot of great guys to work with in the field. Hard working great and nice personalities, the truck team guys are the only positive other then that, when you first start the management looks nice but once you finish probabtion its a different story. You get paid $11-12/hr (which should not be allowed) depending on you're position with profit share which sometimes isn't much and does not bring your hourly wage that much higher. Management doesn't listen to you. You work 4 days a week with hard hours and long hours and sometimes you have non-paid on call shifts more times in a week then shifts you actually work, even if you are full-time you may not get the hours you should get for full-time work.
Can't make money on slow days. And have to deal with things such as bed bugs and working in bad weather, holidays and all trucks are just dirty old trucks.
You find out a day before what hours you work and never know what time you will finish. Schedule is random and rotating.
No benefits until after 1 year.
Pros
Great group of truck workers
Cons
Long hours, bad management, bad scheduling and set up.
Great Place to Work
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 May 2018
Great place to work -- lots of career advancement opportunities for driven individuals. They give you the tools you need not only to do your job well, but to develop yourself personally and professionally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 1-800-GOT-JUNK?. Our community is ready to answer.