Our Abbotsford office is looking for a temporary office assistant to perform a variety of intermediate clerical and administrative duties.
What you’ll do
Is this a good fit for you?
- transcribe and type a variety of materials including correspondence, forms, reports, and material involving technical and industrial terminology
- receive telephone calls, provide general information, take messages, forward calls as appropriate, and receive and direct visitors
- set up appointments for various medical examinations, make reservations for travel, and handle other logistics as required
- obtain information from claimants, employers, or other parties as directed
- perform a variety of clerical duties for occupational hygiene and occupational safety officers and support specialists
- record Prevention notices, maintain appropriate files for Prevention, and distribute Prevention pamphlets, booklets, handouts, posters, and stickers
- receive, open, date stamp, sort, and forward mail as required
- perform routine clerical duties within the office, including filing, sending faxes, emailing, numbering mail and scanning on a daily basis or as needed
- provide intermittent back up as required for other levels of office assistants
Your experience and educational background:
If you are a successful applicant, we will be making a conditional offer contingent upon a cleared criminal record check result under the Criminal Records Review Act. At the time of offer, you will need to provide consent for a criminal record check. Once a clearance is received, your offer of employment will be confirmed.
- able to type a minimum of 45 wpm
- grade 12
- proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- recent, related work experience in a clerical role
APPLY TO: www.worksafebc.com/careers and click on Career Opportunities. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. Only those under consideration will be contacted. If you’re unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation of your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
WorkSafeBC is a dynamic organization that is evolving into an even more customer-focused organization where the work of each individual...