Responsible to identify, analyze, and resolve rare, complex, or challenging issues related to the safe and reliable distribution of natural gas through the nominations process. Including supporting the other staff in issue resolution.
- Identify, analyze and troubleshoot abnormal operating conditions and take appropriate action, including emergency system shutdown should such action be required.
- Implement emergency procedures and notifications following reports of odor or upon the witnessing of abnormal operating conditions.
- Monitor and track franchise usage and adjusting transportation nominations and storage injections/withdrawals to ensure supply and demand are in balance.
- Communicate with appropriate internal customers and external control centers as necessary to facilitate the uninterrupted flow of natural gas through the various transmission systems.
- Maintaining internal databases and reports in a timely manner to ensure franchise requirements and marketing deals are scheduled and tracked.
- Operate the gas distribution systems relying on several forecasting tools as well as historical usage to limit imbalances and LBA charges with Transmission pipelines.
- Identifying and analyzing problems and working with EGD and EGNB field staff to trouble shoot problems.
- Dispatch support/field personnel to correct problems in a timely manner.
- Identify ways to improve overall efficiency through automation and integration with other operating systems.
- Work closely with and provide support and assistance to Gas Nominations staff to effectively manage the workload – especially at Peak times.
- May be assigned to help train new Operators or add input to IT projects or setting up new procedures to meet the requirements of a dynamic industry .
Bachelor’s degree or Technical diploma in a related field.
2 - 8 years of experience as a Control Operator or Field Operator or Gas Scheduler
Strong communications skills and interpersonal skills
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Good PC skills including use of Microsoft office
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Working.com - 9 months ago