Works together with other Team Members to assure that all objectives and goals of the department and store, as communicated by the Team Leader/Store Leadership, are met or exceeded. Provides excellent customer service while serving and selling the highest quality products. Abides by the strictest standards of physical and food safety, freshness and sanitation.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
1. Give every customer immediate and undivided attention.
2. Follow through on all customer questions and requests.
3. Keep department supplies filled and maintained.
4. Follow established food safety procedures.
5. Keep all cases and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated.
6. Maintain accurate retail pricing and signage.
7. Take special orders and inform the Team Leader.
8. Be aware of new items and their placement.
9. Maintain back stock areas and coolers.
10. Document product transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms.
11. Practice safe use of all tools and equipment required by the position.
12. Practice proper care and maintenance of all equipment.
13. Know and practice proper lifting techniques.
14. Report safety violations and hazards immediately.
15. Effectively communicate with all Team Members regarding proper department operations.
16. Properly wrap products for retail sale.
17. Process special services for customers as requested.
18. Wrap and store unused products in coolers.
19. Help cross-merchandise product with other departments.
20. Adhere to cleaning and maintenance schedules.
21. Attend all department, store and training meetings when scheduled.
22. Accept and process product from Receiver.
23. Answer telephones with proper etiquette when time permits.
24. Assist other departments when necessary to facilitate customer service.
25. Participate in regional and national sales promotions.
26. Wash containers and tools when necessary.
27. Assist Team Leader in completing scheduled inventories and reports.
28. Place product and supply orders when applicable.
29. Attend vendor trainings, seminars and product samplings.
30. Regular attendance is essential.
31. Perform other duties as assigned by Team Leader/Store Leadership.
32. 6 months of previous floral experience required.
33. Maintain a safe and sanitary department. Report all life safety and fire hazards to your Team Leader for correction. Comply with all occupational safety and health regulations. Report all accidents and injuries to your Team Leader or Store Leadership immediately.
34. The above are intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position. This position will include any and all (various) duties assigned to ensure proper functions of operations of the team.
Internal Applicants must submit "Application for Open Employment" or submit written approval from current STL.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Ability to work well within a team.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with Guests & Team Members.
3. Can lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
4. Able to meet physical job requirements.
5. Must have a passion for natural foods.
6. Able to communicate effectively with others and convey enthusiasm.
7. Possess some customer service experience.
8. Must be self-motivated and solution-oriented.
9. Willing and able to work a flexible schedule.
10. Desire to learn all aspects of Team.
1. Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions.
2. May walk and work on uneven surfaces.
3. Requires reaching above and below shoulder height.
4. Some exposure to dust, gas, fumes and chemicals.
5. Repetitive use of hands with power grasping and fine manipulation.
6. May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies.
7. Exposure to continuous background and occasional loud noises.
8. Walking surfaces are sometimes slick.
9. Repetitive stretching and lifting required.
10. Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift.
11. Iteration of duties.
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our Guests.
We look for individuals who are passionate about food, people, and our company�s mission. We also look for well-rounded individuals who will help build our locations into profitable and beneficial members of their communities.
We are committed to mentoring Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing team member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, an RRSP, a 45% discount on our transit pass program and a 20% discount at our stores.
We look forward to seeing you in our stores!
Whole Foods Market - 10 months ago
Whole Foods Market owns and operates a chain of natural and organic foods supermarket. As of September 30, 2008, the Company operated 275 st...