Position: Supply Chain Generalist
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 2-5 Years relevant work experience
Education: Degree/diploma in a related field, with applicable background
Clearpath Robotics Inc. specializes in the design and manufacture of unmanned vehicle systems, software, and components for academic, military research and development, and industrial applications. Our clients range from small local businesses to some of the best known technical institutions and companies on the planet. Based in Kitchener-Waterloo, Clearpath Robotics employs a small group of highly talented people who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor, and we’re looking for people who share in our passion to create remarkable products and change the world.
About the Job
As Clearpath Robotics grows exponentially, so does the need to ship robots and purchase robot parts. With more robots going out than ever before, we need a rock star to come in and keep up with our growth. This position offers the best mix of responsibility, challenge, and enjoyment. We need someone to come in, take charge, and help keep our supply chain running smoothly and with continued awesomeness!
As our Supply Chain Generalist, you will work closely with our fantastic Operations Team. You will wear many hats, work with every department in our company, and be around the coolest robots you can imagine. (Bonus points if you imagine cool robots!)
Your primary responsibilities will be:
Additional tasks may include:
- Shipping our finished product to both international and domestic customers
- Purchasing and receiving materials
- Taking care of all logistics for off-site demonstrations, events and trade shows worldwide
- Helping the Operations team keep track of fixed assets
- Aiding in the sourcing of new supply partners when a new product is introduced into the Clearpath supply chain
- Negotiating with supply partners to give Clearpath fair and optimal pricing
- Maintaining and establishing positive relationships with our logistics providers
- Researching international customs and conformance regulations
- Documenting and improving various supply chain processes
- Benchmarking the Clearpath supply chain against those in similar industries
- Working with other departments to improve inter-departmental cooperation and effectiveness
- Travel may be necessary with due notice
You want to work for a small company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You like being the point person for shipping and purchasing concerns. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. Oh, and you have some form of higher education with the common sense to back it up.
Bonus points for:
- Detail oriented and exceptionally organized
- Experience with shipping freight internationally
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel
- Hands-on purchasing experience
- Able to quickly evaluate and assess a problem situation and prioritize courses of action
- Able to communication concepts readily through block diagrams and flow charts
- Being comfortable in a customer-facing situation, and acting with professionalism in those scenarios
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with accounting software
- Past experience working in a technology company
- Recognition that sometimes failure is a fantastic thing
- Identifying the grammar mistake(s) in this job description
Apply through our online job portal. Please submit cover letter along with your resume. Please include “Supply Chain Generalist” in the subject of any further communications. If your skills don’t fit this job description, but you’re still interested in working with us please apply to our “General Robotics Enthusiast” position. No recruiters or form cover letters, please. They do not please our mechanical masters.
Clearpath Robotics specializes in the design and manufacture of robust and reliable unmanned vehicle solutions for industrial R&D. We're...