VMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven virtualization solutions that significantly reduce IT complexity. VMware accelerates an organization’s transition to cloud computing, while preserving existing IT investments and enabling more efficient, agile service delivery without compromising control. Organizations rely on VMware, its partners and its industry-leading virtual infrastructure platform, VMware vSphere, to energize their business through IT, while saving energy—financial, human and the Earth’s. With 2009 revenues of $2 billion, VMware has more than 190,000 customers and 25,000 partners worldwide. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 8,200+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
The VMware sales team and the solutions, products and services we deliver are revolutionizing data centers and the IT enterprise network. The sales team is responsible for driving new business, building customer loyalty, ensuring high product adoption and retention rates, supporting and promoting corporate strategy and initiatives, as well as developing and executing area business plans. The team is made up of top performers that foster an entrepreneurial team spirit and a team culture that promotes leaders at all levels. VMware’s executive sales leadership is hands-on, regularly engaging with the team during key parts of the sales process to win and retain accounts. The VMware sales team includes several key roles (System Engineering, Services, Insides Sales and Channel team) that all work together to meet a shared quota. VMware experiences year-over-year revenue growth, creating an ideal atmosphere for passionate, performance-oriented sales professionals.
The Enterprise Management Product Specialist is responsible for a coordinated sales approach with VMware’s internal and external sales team. This extended team is driven to a common goal within a set number of named accounts. The mission of this group is to broaden the reach of all named accounts to ensure the VMware foothold across the entire segment by driving the enterprise management suite of tools (vCenter) into existing and new accounts. Our solution set is viewed as a ‘platform’ within an account and changes the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a cost burden to a strategic deployment. vCenter will allow vSphere adopters to accelerate their virtualization journey and drive additional cost, risk, and complexity out of the process.
- Responsible for selling the vCenter enterprise management suite of products and services within a list of 80-100 focused Named Accounts
- Responsible for acting as a product specialist to the larger VMware core salesforce and supporting those sales efforts into 500-600 accounts
- Drive account portfolio sales strategy and focus on top accounts and establish sales cadence with the corporate and strategic account teams
- Adopt account portfolio sales strategy leveraging channel partners
- Focus on top tier accounts and collaborate with Inside Sales and channel partners to ensure complete coverage of entire account portfolio
- Responsibility to move the transaction through the entire sales cycle
- Match the VMware enterprise management solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Develop and manage a partner strategy by selecting a set of “preferred” partners, develop a collaborative account planning and enable channel partners to be an extension of VMware sales force
- Accurately forecast license bookings, specific products revenue, PSO bookings and new accounts on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- 6+ years of experience in related software industry with at least 5 years in a selling role to enterprise accounts
- Experience selling in both a direct and an indirect or channel driven model
- Experience leading a team of professionals in sales campaigns that include sales executives, field SE’s, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.
- Proven track record of success selling in a highly competitive environment
- Experience in the server configuration, change management , or compliance space
- BA/BS degree or higher, or equivalent job related experience
- Estimated travel of between 40% and 60% depending on the density and size of the territory
VMware - 2 years ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...