Working within the Digital Marketing team, this position will support the Manager, Digital Marketing and Engagement in delivering and maintaining a multitude of accessible digital properties in line with strategic objectives that support CNIB’s mission.
Additionally, the individual will act as the subject matter expert regarding digital accessibility and the accessibility of all of CNIB’s public-facing digital properties. As SME, the incumbent will establish and champion a set of CNIB standards on accessibility, perform ongoing testing, provide expertise to other members of the Digital Marketing team, as well as other internal stakeholders, and remediate any accessibility issues in a timely manner.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
• As accessibility lead within the Digital Marketing team, ensures all public-facing products adhere to best-in-class accessibility standards and best practices, staying at the forefront of the evolution in these standards and best practices, and developing/championing a set of CNIB digital accessibility standards for all public-facing properties. These guidelines will be used to guide the development of future properties, either internally or with an external partner.
• In all development work, places emphasis on user experience, user paths, usability best practices, and accessibility.
• Performs ongoing accessibility testing of CNIB’s public-facing digital properties using such tools as Window Eyes, JAWS, Total Validator, etc., to ensure ongoing compliance with all accessibility standards and general best practices.
• Serves as development lead on cross-platform web analytics, working with IS colleagues and external vendors to develop, test, implement and monitor tracking code, and performing ongoing research into emerging technical opportunities in analytics tracking, particularly as it relates to Google Analytics.
• Collaborates with other members of the Digital Marketing team, the Information Systems team and other internal stakeholders to conceptualize, develop, test and deploy accessible digital properties, with a focus on the following types of products:
o website page layouts and web parts;
o transactional forms;
o HTML emails;
o digital advocacy campaigns;
o custom social media add-ons and tools;
• Documents processes related to job functions, including but not limited to email deployments, form builds, etc.
• Acts as point of contact for IS team regarding day-to-day development tasks, deliverables and ongoing maintenance of CNIB’s internally hosted digital properties.
• Provides guidance, documentation and support to third-party vendors on digital project implementations.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Post-secondary education preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum three years’ hands-on development and support experience
• Experience developing in a Microsoft Sharepoint environment (internet and intranet)
• Experience developing and testing for accessibility using a combination of developer tools and assistive technology
• Prior knowledge of web accessibility standards and best practices including Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
• Working knowledge of assistive technology (screen readers, screen magnification, etc.) and how it can be used by people of different abilities to render the online experience accessible
• Experience using a screen reader, such as JAWS, for testing purposes
• Knowledge of programming languages as required for web application and SharePoint development.
• Experience in development and customization of web parts in a CMS environment.
• Experience in metadata management
• Working knowledge of most current SEO best practices
• Experience working with multimedia files (video, audio, etc.)
• Proven troubleshooting skills
• Self-directed with good time management and organisation skills
• Clear communicator with the ability to write clear and concise technical and user-oriented documentation
• Experience managing complex Google Analytics scrip, e-commerce tracking, campaign tracking, and other Google developer tools to ensure optimal KPI measurement capabilities by business lead
• Ability to work effectively across functions, with both the business and technical side of operations
Willingness to work flexible hours
• Occasional travel may be required
• Occasional overtime required on evenings and/or weekends
• Adaptable to changing priorities and focus
Closing Date for Applications: March 14, 2014
Please Send the Application To:
and quote the job title in the subject line.
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: seeing beyond vision loss
CNIB - 5 months ago