The primary focus for the Systems Analyst, Financial Business Applications role is to provide functional application support for the client's financial PeopleSoft applications.
Responsibilities include PeopleSoft Chart of Accounts and Code Combination maintenance, financial period end support comprising journal uploads, allocations processes and adjustments, security maintenance, data extracts and nVision report maintenance.
1. Provides support to the day-to-day operation of financial systems ensuring they function efficiently and effectively.
2. Collaborates with operational managers and staff in the development of processes and procedures to support and guide data input.
3. Develops and maintains reporting tools such as queries, nVision reporting and Excel macros
4. Determines the level of access a user requires to the system and manages access changes via the Security Administrator.
5. Ensures data integrity by developing and running queries to assess data quality. Resolves data errors in a timely manner.
6. Develops and maintains documentation to support financial business applications and processes
7. Provides educational support to users of financial and management information for supported financial applications.
9. Performs other related duties as required.
Should have excellent communication skills including the ability to build and maintain effective relationships. Ability to explain complicated technical issues in non-technical terms and in a non-technical manner. Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to establish courses of action for self that are results-oriented. Proven ability to deliver work outcomes with stringent timelines.
Specialization and Skills:
2 - 4 years
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to an advanced diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, Health Information Science or Business Administration
Peoplesoft Financials experience with Version 8 or higher
Knowledge of relational and multidimensional databases
Proficiency in the use of queries in a PeopleSoft environment and knowledge of SQL is desirable
SI Systems - 2 years ago