Perform Quality control checks on bread and roll lines
- Responsible for finished product evaluations using standard protocol to ensure compliance to current specifications
- Tracking of food safety and ingredient data to ensure compliance to QA Programs.
- Maintenance of Food Safety Programs through monitoring and verifications
- Verify process procedures to ensure compliance of finished product and raw materials to established specifications
- Ensure non-compliant product is segregated and appropriate follow up actions are taken
- Observe on-site Good Manufacturing Practices and communicate corrective action as required
- Monitor Shipping & Receiving procedures and personnel for compliance to established food safety protocols
- Recording of data and statistical analysis of results
- Summary of results to Manager and Plant Management
- Resolution of quality control issues in team effort with production personnel
- Verify functionality of QC laboratory instrumentation and online production equipment.
- Maintain a well-organized laboratory environment.
Preferred Hiring Criteria
Function Quality Assurance
Years Exp 3 - 5 years
Education University - undergraduate degee
Travel No travel
Additional Language None
Must have Degree or Diploma in Food Science or related discipline
Must have experience working in a Food Processing Environment, or Pharmaceuitcal and Cosmetic/ Consumer Goods industry
Must have 3-5 years of experience with in the Quality Assurance disapline.
Thorough understanding of Quality Assurance principles and Food Safety programs along with a understanding of BRC standards
Strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, SAP)
Knowledge of Food Regulations for Canada
Experience in implementation of HACCP and GMP programs
- Experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Position will require rotating shift work
Maple Leaf - 2 years ago
Canada Bread Company, Limited (Canada Bread) is a manufacturer and distributor of bakery products, frozen par-baked products and pasta and s...