Gr 5, Gr 6, Gr 7
Job Description & Requirements
Intermediate Wood Technology (Grade 5, 6 and 7) – Qualicum Beach Elementary, Springwood Elementary and Oceanside Elementary
Including Robotics and Maker Space
The assignment may change to meet the needs of the school’s educational program, grade organization, and/or enrolment.
1.00 FTE CONTINUING
Commencing September 1, 2014
The successful candidate will be expected to:
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Plan and deliver developmentally responsive learning experiences which reflect the unique needs of learners;
- Plan and implement effective student assessment in order to improve student learning and to ensure instructional practice which is responsive to student needs;
- Support the work of the school toward achievement of growth plan goals;
- Work collaboratively with staff members and communicate effectively with staff, students, and parents;
- Create an engaging, respectful and inclusive learning environment for students;
- Work in consultation with Case Managers in the development and implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for students who require additional supports, adaptations, and/or modifications;
- Willing to support a flexible hands-on learning environment utilizing creativity and problem-solving skills through exploration opportunities like “Maker Space” and Robotics for primary and intermediate students;
- Integrate use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to support teaching and learning, manage information and carry-out professional communication.
All teachers may apply, however, School District 69 (Qualicum) teachers with continuing status will be given first consideration. Teachers with continuing status
use the Continuing Teacher Application and Qualifications Form (available online, at school offices, and from the PCTC receptionist). All applications outlining qualifications, proof of qualifications, transcripts, teaching reports, references and clearly quoting
must be received by
Monday June 23, 2014
. Please direct applications to:
- A valid BC Teaching Certificate and familiarity with the BC curriculum at the intermediate level;
- A Teaching Degree at the elementary/secondary level with a Major in Technology Education;
- Experience teaching at the intermediate level;
- Experience teaching or training in a variety of Technology courses.
School District 69 Staffing Committee - Parksville Civic and Technology Centre
Box 430, 100 Jensen Avenue East, Parksville, BC V9P 2G5 Fax (250) 954-1259
Thank you in advance for your application. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. It is the responsibility of applicants to ensure their applications are received by 12:00 noon,
Monday June 23, 2014.
School District #69 (Qualicum)
has its own application process for Teacher applicants. Click 'Apply Now' to access their online application.
Make a Future
- 14 months ago - save job