All NCR Engineers have
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to work independently on diverse problems.
- Team Orientation and leadership potential.
- Outstanding school or work performance.
- Ability to design, code and correct defect of software modules
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Diverse interests and a passion for technology
Key activities may include:
- Complete technical tasks of limited scope and complexity with little specification
- Maintain/Create documentation for applications, tools, or systems as required
- Deploy various systems, tools and applications (including installation and testing)
- Communicate project/work status orally, written, or other as required
- Participate in or take the lead in design reviews and code walk-thrus
- Participate in system level activities such as integration and system test
- Generate appropriate design documentation for the proper ongoing support and release of software modules
- Develop and execute test plans (both manual and automated) using system requirement specification
- Development, support and implement best practices for software development including development of test tools and test-beds
- Filing and tracking software bugs in a timely manner
- Work closely with software developers in reproducing software inaccuracies
- Verify fixes and final product validation
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
All candidates must be in pursuit of a college diploma or university degree in Computer Science, Math or other related subjects. This position is for students in the Waterloo Area.
We look for candidates that have at least two or three areas of expertise in one of the following categories:
Other technical skills which would be beneficial include, test tool development experience, systems programming in Unix or Windows, knowledge of n-tier architectures and model-view-controller software architectures,
- C/C++ in a Windows environment
- Java and Java script in a Windows environment
- Relational Database Management Systems - SQL programming
- Client-server programming (TCP/IP sockets)
- XML programming
- Knowledge of QA strategies, techniques and methodologies (black box, white box, etc.)
- Experience with testing Windows based products
Other important skills include solid written and verbal communication skills, enthusiasm to learn, make and meet objectives, motivated, effective, responsible team player; good problem solving capabilities and analytical skills.
High School Diploma/GED
NCR - 2 years ago
Want to find NCR? Follow the money. Born during the waning days of the Wild West as National Cash Register, NCR is a leading maker of ATMs....