More than just a payroll company. Careers that are more than just a paycheque!
Ceridian is proud to be recognized for innovative workplace practices, ranking on “The Top 100 Employers in Canada”, the “50 Best Employers in Canada” and “One of Canada’s 30 Best Workplaces”.
Purpose of Position:
The Payroll & Benefits Manager will be responsible for managing team members to achieve the delivery of service excellence. This will include the setting and measurement of individual and team objectives, identification of skills needs and the organization and or provision of appropriate training to enable team members to make the required contribution to business objectives. The Payroll & Benefits Manager will also provide managerial support and cover as required by their Operations Manager.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Monitor and control the team’s expenditure and revenue generation to help achieve the financial targets.
- Manage the team’s activities to ensure the provision of a quality service and the retention of the customer base. Ensure that complaints are proactively managed to a resolution.
- Ensure that there are sufficient capable team members at all times to provide the required levels of customer service, both internally and externally. To undertake regular personal reviews and to assist the Team Members in the completion of their Personal Development Plans so that they can provide a more complete service to the customers.
- Establish and maintain effective internal and external communication channels to ensure the availability and dissemination (where appropriate) of relevant information.
- Establish and maintain a quality culture within the team. Ensure that documented processes and procedures are understood and are followed.
- To comply with security policies, for the maintenance of confidentiality, integrity and to protect personal data.
- Compile and deliver team performance statistics as required by the Operations Manager.
Education and Experience:
- Customer Service Orientation: the willingness to identify, understand and give priority to meeting the needs of both the internal and external customer by providing excellent customer service. Within this role this means being pleasant and polite to customers and acting promptly to resolve their issues. Taking ownership of customer issues and seeing them through to a successful conclusion. Managing the customers’ expectation, agreeing what can and can’t be done within agreed costs and deadlines whilst striving to ensure that the customer experience is a positive one.
- Teamwork and Co-operation: the willingness to work co-operatively with other operational colleagues and support functions to meet a common objective. Within this role this means acting as a role model in encouraging team working, valuing others contribution and encouraging individuals to think about how they can assist others in the team.
- Results Delivery: the willingness to accept ownership for completing a task and delivering the end result despite unforeseen obstacles. Within this role this means also accepting responsibility for completing the task to the appropriate quality standard.
- Managing Performance: the ability to manage yourself and ensure full utilization of all resources in the delivery of excellent customer service. Within this role this means clarifying roles and responsibilities and making performance expectations clear. Managing performance against the business plan and instigating effective action to address any performance issues.
- Leadership: the ability to lead and motivate the team by providing clear direction, encouraging two way communication and involvement and by creating a positive team spirit. Within this role this means taking an active management role, spending time with the team and encouraging two-way dialogue.
- Communication: the ability to give and receive information effectively. Within this role this means making the point clearly and actively listening to others to ensure that the message has been understood.
- Commercial awareness: the willingness and the ability to focus on profitability and to make judgments/decisions based on what is commercially best for Ceridian Canada. Within this role this means working to continually improve business performance by analyzing and challenging the use of resources and technology against key business objectives.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Excellent procedural, legislative compliance and organizational skills
- Good delegation skills
- Proven time management skills
- People development skills
- Experience in payroll legislation with a CPA Designation 3
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills, using a variety of media dependant on the situation.
- A good proven standard of Math and English
- Knowledge of PC literacy and software usage ideally Word, Excel and the Internet
- Experience of processing U.S. payrolls and related legislation would be an advantage.(from time to time some roles may be defined as US specific dependant on business needs.)
- Experience of Benefits Administration is considered to be an advantage
- Bilingualism is considered an advantage
- 2/3 years supervisory experience in a customer services environment
- Good analytical skills
- HR/Technical knowledge
- Must be able to work in an environment of very tight deadlines and strict requirements for accuracy.
- May be required to work beyond normal working hours to respond to client needs.
- Required to meet pay date deadlines.
- Basic dexterity and coordination required to use PC products.
- Working in areas where continual background noises and distractions are evident.
- May be exposed to behaviorally difficult customers on an occasional basis, occasional work interruptions, requirement to adjust work priorities, having to deal occasionally with unexpected deadlines.
- May require several hours per day of close visual or listening attention and/or concentration in which few interruptions are permitted.
Ceridian Canada - 2 years ago
Ceridian Corporation is an information services company principally in the human resource (HR), transportation and retail markets. The Compa...