Toys "R" Us is the leading retailer of toys and baby products with more than 1,500 stores worldwide. We have 70 store locations in Canada and our Head Office is located in Concord, Ontario. We're the world authority on kids, family and fun! Our stores have the widest selection of hot, must-have and favourite toys. Toys "R" Us is one of the most recognized and beloved brands in the world.
We are always open on www.toysrus.ca
We currently have a full time career opportunity for an Assistant Buyer in our Merchandising Department with the following responsibilities and required qualifications:
- Manage and monitor merchandising business plans to ensure targets and profitability goals.
- Perform product evaluation through line reviews and industry information.
- Attend regular meetings with existing and new vendors for new launches and identifying market trending.
- Ensure placement and expedition of merchandise orders for upcoming advertised items and monitor sales activity on all SKUs.
- Monitor inventory flow as related to chargebacks for late/early delivery & regular sales.
- Make competitive visits and analyze competitive pricing and advertising and make recommendations.
- Perform advertising analysis, and approve/proof read submissions. Enter all ad programs in C3.
- Provide customer service to stores relating to any merchandise issue or concern.
- Coordinate and lead projects between Merchandising dept. with vendors, stores and other departments such as Marketing and Operations.
- Trade show attendance where applicable.
- Source, then execute and manage special projects, e.g. Event launches, product knowledge seminars.
Apply Via Email
- Understanding of merchandising planning cycle that includes selection of merchandise mix, vendor negotiation and agreements, setting margin and profitability goals, monitoring sales patterns and inventory flow.
- Experience in coordinating/executing merchandising initiatives such as in-store activities and promotions that create excitement in our retail locations.
- Able to identify our competitive differentiation that results in maximizing sales and profitability.
- Possess basic effective negotiating skills and proven analytical skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the business.
- Knowledge of Toys "R" Us information systems and procedures such as endcaps and sidecaps is an asset and are computer literate using Word and Excel.
Workopolis - 2 years ago
Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping ex...