Key Accountabilities / Activities:
Reporting to the Director, Business Controls and Governance, CIBC Asset Management, the incumbent will be the key resource at CIBC Asset Management required to maintain employee files and payroll data on the confidential CIBC HR Direct Access. This individual will also carry out various duties related to compensation, business controls, financial reporting and metrics tracking, and special event coordination.
The incumbent may be asked by the president of CAMI to assist in developing content and executing business planning sessions and other strategic management meetings.
- Develop and implement centralized business control processes to monitor and manage all sensitive employee data and related reporting requirements.
- Establish regular tracking mechanisms to report variances on a monthly basis and conduct variance analysis on discrepancies.
1. HR Direct Access Manager Delegate
2. Business Controls
- As the primary resource for all CAM employees the incumbent is responsible for following elements of the CIBC HR Direct Access system and payroll:
- Processing all required transactions including new hires, resignation/terminations, transfers, leaves of absence
- Receiving and sorting changes to data to be made on the HR system and payroll system
- Producing various reports relevant to the business
- Vacation control and reconciliation
- Liaison with EDS with regards to payroll related queries
- Ensuring data accuracy
- Responding to various requests for employee information
- Liaise with internal and external sources, colleagues, CIBC Human Resources, and others to provide, verify and discuss information and best practices
- Establish and ensure that procedures exist to manage new hires to ensure all requirements are met:
- Track and Monitor to ensure all new hires complete mandatory CIBC training within 30 days of hire date, and escalate to management as required.
- Ensure all employee files are up to date and that all relevant documents are filed.
- Updating organization charts to ensure accuracy and to track changes
- Ensure all CIBC compliance, legal and risk controls are in place to report and track financial variances in payroll reporting
- Ensure monthly reports are signed by the business owner and made available for audit purposes
- Participate in the enhancement or upgrade of existing programs / processes
- Perform semi-routine analysis of research information for the purpose of developing responses and recommendations for use by management and other business units.
- Document any new processes
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of functional areas and remain aware of changes and developments as they arise.
4. Financial Reporting and Metrics Tracking
- Assisting with requests related to all areas of facilities, including pass cards, floor plans, employee moves, maintenance and repairs. Also includes coordinating the activities of the mailrooms in both Toronto and Montreal offices of CAM, Coordinating and submitting all equipment orders including allocating office space and furniture as required.
- Sign off and approve within established limits all expenditures relating to facilities in addition to heading the Health and Safety Committee for Toronto.
- Acts as the Business Recovery Plan Coordinator for Toronto offices in the event of an emergency as well as being the primary after hours contact for any urgent premises matters.
- The facilities role also includes a direct report who is responsible for: Security Pass Cards and office key control, Tenant contact and coordinator for property management ensuring proper services from landlord, and ordering of all shared office supplies and equipment.
- Monitor business FTEs and produce a monthly report detailing additions / deductions in head count and variances to payroll.
- Track FTE changes against the budget by organizational unit
- Review the payroll register on a biweekly and semi monthly basis, checking data processed by EDS; ensuring that all changes made to the CIBC HR Direct Access system have been taken into account.
- Send the employee register to the President for approval and sign off.
- Respond to ad hoc reports requests in a timely manner
- Prepare accurate and precise information and reports in an organized and comprehensive manner
- Administer the Achievers & Anniversary (employee recognition) programs for CAM
- Organize sessions related to employee reward and recognition.
1. Post secondary education
2. Bilingual an asset: English and French, written and spoken.
3. Strong interpersonal skills and experience managing confidential information
4. Excellent knowledge of MS Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
5. Ability to work under pressure on varied tasks and many specific requests.
6. Professional, diplomatic and ability to work autonomously
7. Team player
8. Attention to detail to ensure high level of accuracy in all activities
9. Knowledge of PeopleSoft an asset.
10. Ability to apply complete discretion to all confidential information
Problem Solving & Decision Making
Time & Self Management
CIBC - 2 years ago
The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is one of Canada's chartered banks, fifth largest by deposits. The bank is headquartered at Comm...