Safety, Health and Environment
- Follow all safety, health & environmental regulations related to the site operations and business sector, in particular federal and state laws.
- Develop guidance to site operations and business unit to act in compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Assure and verify compliance of operations and existing and new products and intermediates with all federal and state laws as well as international regulations, as appropriate.
- Develop and implement Company's internal safety, health and environment policies and programs at site level
- Maintain SHE documentation as required by federal and state laws as well as Company's internal safety, health and environment policies and programs
- Act as principle internal trainer on safety, health and environment's regulatory issues.
- Maintain and communicate Company's safety statistics
- Participate in all incident investigations and ensure incident reporting and corrective action tracking.
- Acts as the principle contact for the site's emergency response plan. Act as primary co-ordinator for emergency response to spills, fire and injuries at the plant. Prepare and submit reports and documentation to government agencies as required to support manufacturing and laboratory operations.
- Provide guidance regarding emergency response for product transportation and distribution
- Act as secretary of the site Safety, Health and Environment Committees, as appropriate
- Compile monthly/annual SHE reports
- Advice management on all issues pertaining to health, safety and environment and give recommendations for improvement.
- Manage and co-ordinate environmental monitoring as required by federal and state laws and internal Cytec policies, including but not limited to waste disposal, wastewater discharges, air emissions, etc at the Welland site.
- Develop and maintain Process Safety Management procedures and ensure that all process safety review meetings, including PHA's, MOC's, SHE capital reviews, are conducted as needed.
- Develop and maintain Industrial Hygiene / Occupational Health procedures and ensure that all IH/OccHealth review meetings, including job safety assessment and internal air quality monitoring campaigns, are conducted as needed.
- Provide assistance to site operations and business unit on product stewardship program, including developing and publishing hazard communication documents.
- Keeps abreast of all possible technologies specifically on HSE matter that could value add to the existing technology through scientific literature, patents, formal training, symposiums, external contacts and Internet
- Work together with Site Leadership Team:
- In establishing and maintaining a certified SHE Management System (SHE MS) according to RC14001, ISO14001 & OSHAS18001 Tech Spec ( NOTE : may have to include a period for achieving e.g. 2 years of hiring ).
- In ensuring audits plans are established and implemented as per RC14011, ISO14001 & OSHAS18001 requirements as well as Company's internal auditing requirements.
- In ensuring non-conformances cases are properly documented, tracked and brought to closure.
- Keep abreast of all possible development in the management system, federal and state law and advise the management of the need to change procedure (whenever arises).
- Administer security matters at the site including developing process, procedures and review the security manual from time to time
- Provide training for new contract workers in line with Company practice and standard
- Ensure that foreign contract worker have a valid work permit to work in the Company
- Ensures that any work done meet corporate standards for documentation and conforms with Cytec's Quality standards
- Active promoter of Cytec's Lean Culture by participating in lean improvement programs (including but not limited to work-out, work-out lite, 5S)
- Complies with Cytec's safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
- Carries out any other duties as assigned by superior
Essential Job Experience
- Degree holder in Industrial Safety, Health and Environment from university
- Three years working experience in a manufacturing environment will be an added advantage
- Working experience in Ontario will be an added advantage, especially as work experience involved exposure to local regulatory agencies and authorities
- Knowledge of regulations related to occupational safety, health & environment.
- Coordinate with and influenced key stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of a key initiative
- Experience in process safety management systems, including management of change process, risk assessments and root cause analysis
- Assumed responsibility for an underperforming operation in SHE and lead the operation to achieve aggressive SHE success outcomes by leading stop change initiatives
- Negotiated terms and conditions with external regulatory agencies that have a significant impact on the business
- Successfully engage workforce to effectively improve SHE performance (union/works council environment consideration as appropriate)
- Demonstrated ability to understand SHE strategy and implement systems, processes and tools to support the strategic direction
- Demonstrated poise and leadership in resolving an emergency situation
Qualified applicants are invited to apply and submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com by FRIDAY, JUNE 1st
- Familiarity with safety, health and environmental procedures in manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of chemical processing activities
- Housekeeping skills
- Able to operate computer software/application
- Ability to learn theory & operation of new equipment
- Analytical reasoning
- Ability to detect, reason and synthesize solutions
- Good scheduling & project management skills
- Good communication skills (oral & written)
- Excellent in the English language (reading, writing, speaking)
Workopolis - 12 months ago
Cytec Industries makes products that help companies do everything from lift off to drill down. The global company produces chemicals from wh...