Shaw Communications Inc. is a family-oriented, Canadian owned business with over 10,500 employees across the country. Shaw is the largest communications company in Canada providing 3.4 million customers with top quality cable TV, Internet, digital phone and direct-to-home satellite services. At Shaw, we are People Powered. We are committed to delivering an exceptional customer experience through our team of outstanding people. We are always on the lookout for innovative, outgoing and motivated individuals to join our team. We will provide you with the training you need to succeed and the development opportunities you need to grow. Approximately 2,000 people across Shaw are promoted or move internally each year. We are all about community, appreciation, career development and reward.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Manager, Online in our Calgary Corporate office. Reporting to the Director, Marketing, the successful candidate will be responsible for the operation of Shaw.ca, ShawDirect.ca, and Start.Shaw.ca websites. The Marketing Manager, Online will be responsible for delivering a variety of digital marketing efforts for all Shaw products and services. These efforts will include website initiatives, marketing programs, and/or online advertising. They will work closely with the Brand team to optimize projects and timing. The Manager will also be responsible for budget, quality and agency delivery, plus program optimization based upon metrics and analytics.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Manage and optimize the overall delivery of various digital marketing communications initiatives including website development and ongoing maintenance, online marketing programs and promotions and online advertising and search campaigns
- Act as digital project manager on brand teams to deliver completed websites, website modifications, online advertising units and other assets as necessary on time and on budget
- Lead review and feedback on Web site creative, content and other tactics associated with digital marketing campaigns
- Lead with agencies and Brand teams development of clear business metrics for all sites and work with agencies to ensure reporting on success against metrics
- Manage the approval process with IT, Legal and other functions to ensure compliance
- Lead the strategy, acquisition, and overall execution of integrated Social Media programs and community development opportunities to drive the business
- Identify existing and emerging trends in social media and offer appropriate recommendations for how to capitalize on or respond to the trends
- Work closely with the marketing teams and appropriate agencies to annually craft and execute strategic plans and programs that align with marketing objectives and fiscal-year plans
- Manage a high-performing team with direct reports
- Deliver competitive monitoring
- Effectively implement social media programs & monitoring processes independently and via outside resources
- Manage relationships with all Product Managers/Customer Care Managers/Sales Managers internally
- Various other duties as needed
At Shaw, we genuinely care about our people and we want to set you up for success with plenty of opportunities for career advancement both locally & nationally.
- 4-6 years of experience in digital marketing, digital media and/or digital marketing programs / communications
- At least 3 years of active, professional social media involvement resulting in demonstrated success of using social media to grow a consumer brand through creative out of the box thinking that drives measurable results
- Experience with and advanced knowledge of social networking sites, blogs, wikis, video & photo sharing sites, etc.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to motivate a team
- Strategic project management and problem solving skills
- Knowledge/understanding of brand marketing principles and strategies
- Team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Degree/diploma in Marketing complemented by 5-8 years related work experience
- Strong understanding of how Web sites operate, including content management, design/layout and functionality
- Knowledge of broadband technology and/or telecommunications
- Strong understanding of Web analytics is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Outlook
- Able to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- A positive can do attitude and customer-focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
Our employees enjoy a competitive salary, a premier benefits package that includes extensive health & dental coverage, stock options, Employee Share Purchase Plan, employer-paid pension plan, Shaw products & services discount, social events and much more!
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty and never compromises integrity, then start your career with us. For further information about our benefits, company culture and career opportunities please visit www.shaw.ca/careers.
All interested applicants are invited to apply at online at www.shaw.ca/careers; all internal applicants are invited to apply online via Shaw Central.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Shaw Communications - 2 years ago