VMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven virtualization solutions that significantly reduce IT complexity. VMware accelerates an organization’s transition to cloud computing, while preserving existing IT investments and enabling more efficient, agile service delivery without compromising control. Organizations rely on VMware, its partners and its industry-leading virtual infrastructure platform, VMware vSphere, to energize their business through IT, while saving energy—financial, human and the Earth’s. With 2009 revenues of $2 billion, VMware has more than 190,000 customers and 25,000 partners worldwide. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 8,200+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
About the VMware Sales Organization:
The VMware sales team and the solutions, products and services we deliver are revolutionizing data centers and the IT enterprise network. The sales team is responsible for driving new business, building customer loyalty, ensuring high product retention rates, supporting and promoting corporate strategy and initiatives, and developing and executing area business plans. The team is made up of humble top performers that foster an entrepreneurial team spirit and a team culture that promotes leaders at all levels. VMware’s executive sales leadership is hands-on, regularly engaging with the team during key parts of the sales process to win and retain accounts. The VMware sales team includes several key roles that all work together to meet a shared quota. The VMware go-to-market plan separates our sales teams into three distinct areas: Global Accounts, Enterprise Accounts and Commercial Accounts
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The Partner sales team is aligned to the sales organization and is responsible for managing and growing our partner ecosystem. The Channel Sales Manager (CSM) shares responsibility in driving revenue goals within the territory. VMware has many types of partners: OEMs, VARs, Distributors, National Resellers, and Technology Partners etc. The CSM works to map VMware’s sales executives to the partner’s accounts in order to accelerate and drive the sales process. The CSM will work with the assigned partner to enable the partner by facilitating and providing training, developing joint go to market strategies and creating marketing plans and events.
Manage the sales and marketing aspects of the Partner relationship including:
- Revenue: Responsible for driving VMware License and Service revenue with VIP partner as reseller and influencer of VMware Virtual Infrastructure and associated services
- Enablement: Market current programs and contracts that provide partners ability to resell VMware products, and adopt VMware Virtual Infrastructure IP
- Solution Offering: Work with current and target Partners to understand current offerings and amend to include VMware Virtual Infrastructure as part of core offerings or dedicated practice
- Mapping: Responsible for working with partners on account mapping, go to market strategy, and facilitating partnering efforts of VMware Field Sales
- Develop and implement marketing plans and events with select partners
- 6-10+ years experience in product marketing, technical sales, sales engineering, business development or alliance management roles in enterprise IT technology vendors
- Must have strong relationships with Top-Tier VAR's
- Strong demonstrated expertise in creating, executing on, and driving solutions selling and product marketing for application and infrastructure software, especially in the context of major partnerships
- Proven ability to recognize, analyze, and take action on go to market approaches, marketing programs, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships
- Cross-functional influence, relationship building, and project management skills toward a broad constituency ranging from customers, channel partners, sales, marketing, and technical management
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities
- Great team player. Strong drive. Willing to take leadership role in driving initiatives, working across organizations, and structuring approaches to new opportunities
- Familiarity with a broad range of application and infrastructure software is desirable
- Direct sales experience will be considered
- Technical undergraduate degree is a plus, MBA is a plus
VMware is proud of the benefits we extend to our employees, including ample paid time off and flexible work schedules that promote a healthy work-life balance.
Call to action:
We are looking to fill these strategic and critical roles as soon as possible. Join the leading sales team today.
VMware - 2 years ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...