Edelman Montreal is in search of an analyst to join the in-house digital and social marketing arm of Edelman PR, the largest independent PR firm in the world. We focus on the intersection of culture, commerce and media, assisting brands in leveraging digital and social tools to further engage their markets in ways that lead to improved relevance, affinity and preference….and ultimately, revenue. We combine deep digital expertise with Edelman’s incredible communication credentials to create integrated and effective communications and experiences for our clients.
We are at a critical juncture in communications where the online market conversation has never been louder, further reaching, nor more active. Social media and digital marketing are no longer “nice to haves” in the communications mix, they are essential to a brand’s overall image and success. The time for improvisation of work in the space has come to an end. Edelman Digital is focused on establishing a strong foundation in Insights utilizing best practices from marketing science, consumer research and communications.
If you share this vision and think you have what it takes to help us take our Montreal team (and business!) to new heights, read on.
You’re fluent in the various technologies that define the online space and are passionate about understanding their impact on human behavior. As someone with an appreciation for both the Humanities and Sciences, you are considered a healthy skeptic by your peers. You strive to balance innovative and creative thinking with mathematical and scientific foundations and have a firm understanding of business and marketing analytics. You recognize that Consumer Insights is integral in the world of Digital Brand Consulting and strive to use fact-based insights to drive digital brand strategy creation, optimization and execution.
As an Analyst in Analytics and Intelligence, you will be a key part of the Edelman Digital Insights team. Your core focus will be on the execution of analysis and delivery of insights using a variety of methodological techniques and report styles.
Desired skills and experience
- Have a strong grasp and passion for social media, how and why it’s used.
- Have an understanding of how to execute project work using social media relevant research methods such as: conversation analysis, post-performance analysis, engagement retention and modeling, forecasting and driver analysis.
- Education or experience executing research across key social platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Blogs.
- A bachelor or graduate degree from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Robust analytical skills (both qualitative and quantitative) combined with a strong interest and aptitude for understanding statistical analysis and social science research methods.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English. Ability to communicate in French would be an added asset.
- Ability to liaise with multiple parties; account teams, clients confidently and effectively.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints.
The analyst will work Interface directly with Senior Analysts to support design of research programs and deliver marketing performance reports and ad hoc research studies. Responsibilities include:
Work with Senior analysts on day-to-day tactical implementation of theory to real-world projects.
Effectively distill data into coherent analysis, insights and ultimately actionable recommendations in straight forward and simple language.
Support the development of quantitative and qualitative analysis standards and custom analysis models to effectively track marketing performance, trends, and opportunities within all digital channels utilized by our clients.
Stay informed on the communications and marketing analytics industry, including new technologies, methodologies and important new vendors.
Stay informed about client industries including their technologies, products, target markets and competitors.
Actual work responsibilities include:
o 90% - Supporting on existing accounts
o 10% - Internal training and development / day to day management
Only those candidates short listed for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with Edelman Canada.