Reporting to the President, the General Manager will be responsible for providing strategic leadership for the company by establishing long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
- Oversee the organizations performance.
- Develop plans and programs required by the industry, local and federal requirements.
- Long-range planning, new programs/strategies, regulatory action.
- Fiscal analysis.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures.
- Establish new growth opportunities.
- Manage subordinate supervisor(s) who supervise employee(s) & non-supervisory employees. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Compensation will be negotiated based on experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience, preferably in the Rail industry.
- Analytical skills.
- Problem solving.
- Oral communication.
- Leadership abilities.
- Quality management.
- Sound judgement.
- Safety and security knowledge.
Saskjobs - 4 years ago