The Information Services organization at Wawanesa Insurance provides value to our customers by contributing to the goals of the business through leadership in the development and effective delivery of information technology services.
We continue to initiate strategic projects that will enable our business community to achieve their goals. As a result of these initiatives, we are growing our team! Consider these exciting, challenging Winnipeg based opportunity:
QUALITY ASSURANCE TEST ANALYST
This role is expected to be performing at an intermediate level and competent in generating creative solutions to testing problems. The QA Test Analyst role will report to the QA Supervisor and is responsible for test case creation, execution and verification for projects, system change requests and production fixes across the company's portfolio of applications. The QA Test Analyst is expected to adhere to the Quality Assurance process, identify any deviations and bring forward to the QA Lead for decision, and also identify any process improvements for continuous improvement. Confidently interacts with Business/System Analysts, Stake Holders, Technical Resources and Vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities
o Comparing data to expected results and passing or failing test data
- Participate in producing Test Plans with the QA Lead
- Participate in creating high level estimates
- Test coverage - participate in building the test coverage matrix
- Review and interpret requirement documentation to build representative test cases
- Indentify candidates for test automation
- Record test scripts using automated test tools and perform automated test data set up
- Evaluation of Test Results
o Log defects in tracking tool (JIRA)
o Participate in closing test activities
- Produce test summary report
- Participate in Process Improvement
- Complete test bed creation in multiple tools with accuracy
- As required contribute to status reports
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today's challenging markets.
- 2+ years experience in a diverse technology environment
- Knowledge of software testing best practices
- Familiar with automated test tools
- Strong analytical and problem determination skills
- Good organization skills
- Good accuracy and attention to detail
- Adaptive to change and able to manage stress
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Experience in VB Script would be considered an asset
- Experience using Quick Test Professional (QTP) or other automated testing tools would be considered an asset
Join a Canadian success story!
If you are interested in these exciting, challenging positions with Wawanesa, please submit your résumé and cover letter online at www.wawanesa.com by Monday, February 7, 2011.
Workopolis - 2 years ago