Willing to relocate??
· Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
· Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW)
· Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
· Operate brazing and soldering equipment
· Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines
· Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
· Welding, brazing and soldering machine operators perform some or all of the following duties:
· Operate previously set up welding machines such as spot, butt and seam resistance or gas and arc welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts
· Operate previously set up brazing or soldering machines to bond metal parts or to fill holes, indentations and seams of metal articles with solder
· Start up, shut down, adjust and monitor robotic welding production line
· Assist with the maintenance and repair of welding, brazing and soldering equipment
· May adjust welding heads and tooling according to work specifications.
· Completion of secondary school is usually required.
· Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program
A combination of over three years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in welding is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
· Trade certification is compulsory in Alberta and available, but voluntary, in all other provinces and the territories.
· Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified welders upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
· Welding, brazing and soldering machine operators
· Some secondary school education is required.
· Several months of on-the-job training are usually provided.
· Experience as a machine operator helper may be required.
· Experience with robotics may be required