JOB TITLE: National Sales Manager
STATUS: Permanent full time
LOCATION: Ville Saint-Laurent, Quebec
SALARY: Base salary & commission and full range of benefits
IMPORTANT: 60% travel across Canada and North Eastern United States is required
Our client, a leading distributing and marketing branded surfacing materials is presently looking for a National Sales Manager.
Reports to: Vice-President, Sales and Marketing
Key Responsibilities include:
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Development of a comprehensive sales strategy which will be adopted by management, and will address the company's sales goals.
- Responsible for the company's Sales Department including all sales reps and specification reps.
- Interviewing, qualifying, and hiring new candidates within the Sales Department, with the approval of management.
- Consistent supervision and motivation of the sales team.
- Participate in the Management committee.
- Sales team training and strategy implementation.
- Communicate promptly with staff and customers.
- Develop incentives to increase sales including sales promotions, etc, all must be measurable in terms of sales results and cost effectiveness.
- Involvement in the development of marketing strategies and plans.
- Implementation of the company's CRM program.
- Ensure proper implementation of new products, price updates, and promotions.
- Ensure all sales tools are being used effectively, and implement additional sales tools as necessary.
- Continuously seek out opportunities to improve sales results and gross profits beyond budget expectations.
- Supply the marketing department information to maintain an up-to-date file on the competition; products, pricing, programs.
- Phone (or actual) one-on-one meeting (on a regular basis but no less than once a month) with each member of the sales department, to review results, communicate feedback, and develop action plans.
- Provide feedback to all team members in terms of strengths and weaknesses.
- Manage sales expenses within budget constraints.
- Provide monthly and quarterly projection reports, including sales goals by territory.
- Review monthly sales results with management, including results vs. goals, in terms of sales and profitability.
- Provide monthly detailed reports to management.
- Organize and coordinate sales blitzes.
- Participate and be active in industry associations, major events and tradeshows.
- Travel to develop and strengthen sales initiatives and to assist the company's sales team in all territories.
- Document and keep accurate notes of meetings, reviews, and activities.
- Inform sales and spec teams of the developments with suppliers or the industry in general.
- Create, manage and insure growth of retail programs.
- Professional – must possess a high level of integrity, business ethics, and sound judgment.
- Must be highly organized and team oriented.
- Outgoing personality, likeable, positive attitude, diplomatic, knows how to win.
- Strong communication skills, ability to speak confidently in front of a large group.
- Proven sales management experience.
- Experience in a similar business or industry, or a similar sales channel or model.
- Very good computer skills.
- Good working knowledge of financial statements and ability to arrange, manipulate and analyze spreadsheets.
- Experience using sales tools and/or CRM software in a sales environment.
- Self motivated, compete against others and themselves.
- Fluently bilingual, oral and written.
- Marketing experience .
Groom & Associates - 2 years ago