Database Analyst - Senior
Our client, a leading financial services company in Montreal is looking for a Senior Oracle DBA for a 3 month contract.
- Strong understanding of database concepts and principles.
- Strong understanding of Oracle functions and features
- Ability to define database architecture that supports business requirements
- Ability to define a work breakdown structure.
- Ability to lead projects that involve others to deliver on database initiatives
- Ability to clearly and concisely provide oral and written communication
- Ability to manage medium to large infrastructure upgrade projects.
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle several tasks efficiently
- Ability to define and execute on research and development type projects
- Ability to define and execute on proof of concept initiatives
- Main Accountabilities:
- Work with other Database Administrators or Developers in defining requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation and procedures for all supported database related platforms
- Infrastructure support of Oracle including: server/instance installs (stand-alone and clustered), service-pack upgrades, hot fixes, client tool installs, readiness programs, new feature exploitation, research and development (as needed by Infrastructure manager)
- Support Oracle database and other database related product upgrades.
- Performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of issues
- Support project development following documented standards, policies and procedures (Change Management Process)
- Regular review of database maintenance and performance improvement procedures
- Ensuring the proper setup and validation of backup and restore processes
- Participation in a rotational on-call schedule
- Occasional participation in after-hours and weekend support of production implementations, infrastructure activities, and various disaster recovery exercises
- Working closely with other team members, technical/team leads, management, specialized IT areas and application support teams to ensure consistent delivery and quality of database services
- Define, document and implement consistent standards and procedures.
- Managing small to medium size infrastructure projects and participating in projects through the entire project lifecycle
- Database stability, availability and recoverablility.
- Evaluation of functionality and features within Oracle and related database support products.
- Contribute ideas for best practice improvements, process improvement, and innovative solutions.
- Organizing and monitoring personal workload and escalating to manager when issues arise.
- Administrative intake process support
- Understand, can describe and can put into action, database concepts.
- University level degree in Computer Science or related information technology degree/diploma
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for database administration.
- Willingness to provide on-call support and trouble shooting
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle several tasks efficiently
- Ability to contribute solutions that meet or exceed business requirements.
Willingness to share ideas and speak up in groups.
ORACLE(6),QUERY(6),Database Design (6),Database Administration(6),Data Backup Recovery(6)