Our client, a financial institution has asked us to assist them to find a Java Developer for a full time permanent role. The candidate will interact closely with architects, business analysts, QA analysts and other technical groups. They practice Agile development and our focus is delivering high quality systems to our business in a timely manner.
· Design and development of Java-based applications
· Participation is daily stand ups, peer reviews and planning
· Documentation and 3rd level support of the developed solution
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
The ideal candidate will have experience in development of enterprise level JEE applications and delivering scalable solutions. The candidate must have knowledge and hands-on experience in most of the following technologies:
· SQL skills
Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated progression, ability to learn new technologies and ongoing skills development. Strong database design and SQL skills are important.
Additional Beneficial Attributes/Skills/Experience:
Financial or trading systems technical experience
Understanding of the SDLC and Agile development principles
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or similar discipline.
3 years minimum programming experience in Java
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Abilty to work effectively in a global team environment
· Good attention to detail and focus on quality
· Able to put forward new ideas and solve problems
· Motivated self-starter
Executive IT Recruiter
Join my group on LinkedIn Groups: CareerDriven Jobs
Connect with me on LinkedIn at http://ca.linkedin.com