If you have personal flair and energy, a customer focused approach to business, are committed to excellence and are interested in creating a marketplace in which leading organizations can meet clients, and share innovative ideas for business and technology, then you might be the right candidate for dmg::events.
With a strong and positive culture, our business is fun, flexible and fulfilling. Day-to-day we focus our attention on practicing key principles to help our team grow and achieve business and personal goals. dmg::events is a leader in the organization of business-to-business exhibitions, conferences and professional summits in Canada and around the world. Our team operates with an entrepreneurial attitude, a strong reputation for quality, a rich history of success and a strategic plan for continued growth.
dmg is currently seeking a full-time Event Sales Manager. The right candidate will work closely with the Vice President, Energy providing assistance coordinating various upcoming events. Responsibilities Reporting to the Vice President, Energy, the Event Sales Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assisting with the vision for the events, including developing show themes, exhibition, features, promotions, advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
- Providing daily management, guidance and mentorship to the Sales team.
- Preparation and development of show targets, sales strategies, critical paths, Professional Development Plans and KPI’s for the Sales Team(s).
- Developing a strong sales plan and supporting process, sales collateral, and contracts aimed at retaining exhibitors, up-selling, and securing new exhibitors/ sponsors.
- Keeping abreast of current sales practices in industry and make recommendations.
- Managing exhibitor communications and relationships, including conflict resolution and difficult account receivables situations.
- Managing floor plans, while looking for ways to improve floor plan yield and improve traffic flow. · - Actively participating in the sale of stakeholder packages, sponsorship, advertising, and exhibit space.
- Meeting regularly (face to face) with key service & supply companies and energy producers to improve relationships between our events and our customers.
- Conducting regular project meetings with event team to ensure all departments are following critical paths, budgets, and up to date on each event.
As an ideal candidate your background will include:
- 5 years of exhibition sales or event experience and 3 to 5 years of management experience.
- Proven success in working within a target driven marketplace and delivering budgeted revenue and profits.
- Be predominantly process driven with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced business and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to network and liaise with senior level management and industry leaders.
- Keen interest in contributing positively to the office culture and team dynamics.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and the internet.
- Strong working knowledge of one or more CRM systems an asset.
Salary for this position is $88,000.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.