Welltec® – Calgary, AB
Welltec® is a global provider of well technology and solutions for the oil and gas industry. We invented the Well Tractor®, revolutionized tractor-based conveyance and continue to challenge existing recovery practices. Thanks to our constant innovation, we are continuously growing worldwide.
The Junior Maintenance Technician's main responsibility is to safely perform preventative, predictive and routine maintenance on tools for field operations to ensure the delivery of superior service quality of all tools delivered from the base to field operations.
This is an entry level maintenance position where the successful candidate will be provided with in-house and on-the-job training. Mechanical and electrical knowledge and previous experience with troubleshooting tools is required for this role.
What We Can Offer You
- Career Path Development Plan
- Global Opportunities
- Technical Training
- Employer Paid Benefits
- Competitive Rates
- An Employee Referral Program
- A Diverse and Challenging Work Environment
- Troubleshooting tools and working with the maintenance team to diagnose problems.
- Testing and performing required redressing to return tools to optimal working conditions
- Ensuring all field equipment is in proper working order and ready to go in a timely manner
- Keeping the tool maintenance bay safe and organized so tools are easily located
- Ensuring the Tool Maintenance Supervisor is aware daily of inventory and tool statistics
If You’re Interested, This Is What You Will Need
- A safety first approach to your daily work
- Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License with a record of safe driving
- Must be able to travel in and out of the United States
- Strong electrical and mechanical knowledge with the ability to problem solve and work with blueprint diagrams
- Operating computers: file storage, internet searching, email, and data entry
- Willing to participate in ongoing learning and training as required
- Previous experience working with and troubleshooting tools would be considered an asset
- Valid H2S, 1st Aid, and WHMIS certifications is considered an asset
- Prior oilfield experience and knowledge of oilfield terminology is considered an asset
This position will be based in our Calgary shop with a Monday to Friday schedule
Join Our Team Today!
Visit our website for more information about employment opportunities and services that we offer