ELL Technologies is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join its growing product department. As the Lead Software Engineer at ELL, you will coordinate the IT team in developing and maintaining innovative digital language learning products.
Your primary responsibilities will be developing technical architecture and programming strategies, programming and coding, and working with other subject matter experts to realize, develop, and design new products and keep existing products on the cutting-edge. You will also manage a growing technical team - overseeing day to day operations of the coding team and partner resources.
What you will be doing:
- Manage a team of in-house and outsourced programmers and designers
- Work with stakeholders and team members to develop and implement needed technical architectures, software coding strategies, and software product design across a variety of projects
- Establish and manage processes for administering and maintaining multi-user educational sites
- Handle complex problems, provide leadership to resolve issues, and work with other team members to design and implement the best solutions possible
- Ensure that all code, data management, and support systems meet or exceed goals for coding standards, maintainability, security, quality, and performance
- Produce your own high-quality code, with strong attention to detail, re-usability, documentation, and robustness
- Work with partners across world time-zones on multiple projects
- Develop, coordinate, and communicate technical solutions for approved projects, system improvements and maintenance, and ad-hoc or emergency projects
What you need to bring:
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- Team Player and proven leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, and a proven track record in delivering key products and solutions
- Expert understanding of SDLC processes and digital/online Product Development
- Familiarity with typical Software Project models and tools, such as Agile/Scrum and Waterfall
- Thorough familiarity with our key technologies:
- - Microsoft Server, IIS, SQL Server, and ASP.net programming
- - Unix-based servers, Apache, MySQL
- - HTML5, PHP, jQuery, Ajax, CSS, and Restful APIs
- Database design and management for multi-user internet sites
- Preference will be given to candidates with familiarity with the following languages:
- - JAVA and Groovy/Grails
- - Flex and as3
- - Mobile development including iOS and Android
- Desire and Willingness to both contribute knowledge, and learn from others within the team
Indeed - 12 months ago
ELL’s vision is to connect everyone, everywhere with the English language.
We specialize in the development, production, and...