We're looking for staff to manage participant recruitment for a fun, innovative fundraising event. Here is your chance to be part of a company that is making a difference in the fight against cancer.
This event is a one of a kind, 10K run/5K walk that provides a new approach to raise funds for cancers that would otherwise be taboo to discuss. These are the very diseases that have been labeled awkward and as a result have perhaps been less funded than other forms of cancer. Participants are required to raise at least $300 in order to participate in the event, and they are strongly encouraged to get creative and have some fun with at the event.
Learn more about the event at www.uncoverthecure.org
- Recruit participants for the 2013 Uncover The Cure Event!
- You will recruit through outreach, information sessions, phone calls and follow up with all interested parties;
- Provide day to day support for all participants, help with their online fundraising tools, brainstorming fundraising ideas and inspiring them to go further;
- Build relationships with all participants via phone and email communication; and
- Build awareness through public outreach events, including hitting the streets and talking up the event to passers-by.
- Phone sales experience in a fast-paced environment;
- Customer service experience in a call center environment;
- Willingness to be unconventional in building event awareness and wear costumes in public;
- Ability to use MS Office and basic Internet applications;
- Ability to multi-task and time manage;
- Comfortable working with a small team, but be self-motivated to meet performance objectives;
- Some experience giving public presentations;
Ability to work different shifts and weekends is a necessity; also have a reliable car and valid driver's license for this position.
This is a contract position that will last until mid June.
Please email your resume with this subject line "UAED2013".