Are You Ready to make a difference in the fight to Conquer Cancer?
Be part of a highly respected organization that raises millions of dollars every year for cancer treatment, prevention, education and outreach services. The work environment is fun, fast-paced, and highly rewarding. If you are passionate about this cause and the work you do, this is the position for you. The funds raised through this event are used locally in the ongoing quest to Conquer Cancer in our lifetime.
Position start date: Immediately
Purpose of Position:
As the Crew and Volunteer Coordinator, you will be a vital member of The Pharmaprix Weekend to End Women's Cancers and the Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer teams. These events are held to raise awareness and funds in hopes of ending the battle against various types of cancer.
- Lead and support the Crew and Volunteers.
- Organize/initiate recruitment campaigns, fulfill direct mail response as well as establish and build relationships with local businesses, community groups and companies to expand size of committed Crew and Volunteers.
- Attend outreach events for recruitment
- Strategize and implement ways to encourage Crew fundraising
- Enthusiastically coach crew members to achieve new fundraising goals
- Assess the strengths of your Crew and Volunteers and organize them into teams.
- Train the Crew and ensure they have the knowledge and tools necessary to confidently assume their on-event responsibilities through public information and training sessions, regular phone communication and email campaigns.
- Communicate on a monthly basis with these groups through newsletters
- Manage Crew and Volunteers in database
- Have experience in leadership, an aptitude for individual and group recruitment, coordination, and retention.
- Must be bilingual (French and English).
- Comfortable with public speaking and presentation.
- Experience in motivating & supporting people through public speaking and presentation skills, interpersonal relationship development and group management.
- Proven excellent written and oral communication skills in both French and English.
- Willingness to travel throughout Montreal and surrounding area.
- Valid driver's license is required
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrable ability to handle stressful situations and manage large groups of people.
- Previous event experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team environment and take a proactive stance in project completion.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic motivator
Please email your resume with the subject line: Montreal Crew and Volunteer Coordinator.