Pay Scale: Minimum Wage- $15/hourly
Reports to: Sandy Alfonsi
Summary of Position:
The Concierge/Cook provides comprehensive co-ordination and management of food/drink service, exceptional customer service support to the members and clients of Uptown Business Club/Financial Wellness Centre to ensure operational results are achieved. The Concierge supports the Uptown Business Club team in focusing on outstanding professional delivery of food/beverage service with special attention given to the presentation of food and drink orders. This individual is responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of the interior and exterior of the property. Coordinate and provide support for Uptown Business Club/The Financial Wellness Centre activities and initiatives focused on business development and profitable growth. This position may include administration support.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Greet Clients in the utmost professional manner
- Coordinate food and drink for meetings and events, including facility arrangements. May also include arranging for staff/catering.
- Continually improve existing processes and or procedures to meet the changing needs of the department while ensuring cost containment/expense control
- Participate as a team member of the Uptown Business Club and ensure a high level of service is available to all
- Manage and maintain kitchen inventory and interior and exterior Uptown Business Club/FWC
- Filing/Inventory/Menu Prep/Grocery List preparation
- Grocery Shopping
- Proactively anticipates the workload and plans work assignments to manage
- Exercises sound judgement and discretion in the collection and dissemination of information; insures that highly sensitive, proprietary and confidential information is released only to those authorized
- Maintains positive working relationship with all departmental and Company personnel and Members and Clients
Qualifications and Skills:
- Smart Serve Certificate
- Experience in Culinary Arts (asset)
- Active listening, empathetic and highly approachable
- Creative and Innovative
- Food Handler Training Course (mandatory)
- Driver’s License (not-mandatory but an asset)
- Physical: Lifting 5-10 kg files and supplies (infrequent). Intense visual and listening concentration required.
- Mental: Intense mental concentration
- Work under tight deadlines
A review of your progress will be completed after 3 months, 6 months of employment and a pay review will be completed at that time. An increase will be considered for exceptional service, attendance, punctuality and effort.
Insurance and Financial Company