Job Title: Assistant Event Coordinator
Location: Ottawa, Ontario (East)
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Anticipated Start Date: On or about January 14, 2013
Salary: Starting at $13.50 per hour
Working Schedule: Daytime, Mon-Fri
- Visions Care Benefits
- Medical Benefits
- Perscription Benefits
Required Education: High School or equivalent
Experience: Would be considered an asset
Language Requirements: English and advanced French
- Includes Reading Skills
- Oral Understanding
- Oral Expression
- Written Expression
Assist the primary Event Coordinator in the coordinating of events and providing excellent customer service to all clients.
- Operate office equipment, including computer (e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet and database software).
- Participate in client meetings, assisting with the planning of their event, determining catering needs, rental requirements and other special offerings.
- Responsible for the timely distribution of precise event requirements to the clients and other departments. Provide reliable follow through with staff and clients on all event related details.
- Greet and orient incoming visitors. Provide excellent customer service as a front desk liaison, phone representative and first point of contact for the company.
- Work cooperatively and communicate effectively with client, workers to ensure the highest level of service for guests.
- Track and document changes in catering contracts, especially accounting for and receiving authorization for additional expenses, and complete final billings post-event.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Customer service and guest relations; principles of meeting planning and scheduling software.
- The use of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software; active listening, problem solving, conflict resolution, and customer relations techniques; managing time and resources for the efficient operation of the department; effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, guests, or the public; reading, writing, speaking, and hearing business English & French.
- Use independent judgment and discretion to solve logistical and practical challenges and apply reasoning in situations where only limited standardization exists; communicate effectively and respectfully with diverse populations; work effectively in a team; service and maintain current accounts in a timely and effective manner; communicate effectively orally and in writing; calculate figures and amounts using fractions, decimals, and percentages; work safely; work overtime and/or occasional weekends.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Answer incoming client inquiries over the phone and by email.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted.