Company: Staples Store # 280
City: Fort Saskatchewan
Contact Person: Store Manager
Email: respond to this ad postings with resume and cover letter.
Exciting Entry Level Career Opportunity!
Staples Store 280 located at #107 - 9410 86th Avenue, Fort Saskatchewan AB, is currently seeking an experienced, motivated, customer service and career oriented individual for the following Full-Time position:
To apply for the position do one of the following:
Send resume and cover letter to this ad poster.
Visit the store located at #107 - 9410 86th Avenue, Fort Saskatchewan, AB and ask for a Manager on Duty.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Directly responsible to accurately receive all merchandise, including saleable and non-saleable, into the store and coordinates all outgoing shipments. Communicates merchandise arrival to store team to ensure appropriate turnaround time of stock and organizes freight to the sales floor. This associate will also have keyholder responsibilities for the back door.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for coordinating product flow to the sales floor and, time permitting, is required to assist fellow associates with the placement of product.
· Responds to and directs customers as needed.
· Responsible for scanning and verifying all received product against the packing slip.
· Assists in the Return to Vendor (RTV) process as required.
· Accountable for the input and integrity of appropriate back end paperwork. Responsible to forward for approval to appropriate manager and/or home office.
· Monitors and investigates variances related to receiving documents including purchase Orders (PO), courier forms and transfers.
· Develop and maintain an efficient filing system for all relevant paperwork (Purchase Orders (PO's), courier forms, transfer documents, etc).
· Using proper scan receiving procedures, responsible to ensure all shipments are received, sent and keyed on the same day including warranty services.
· All out going product is to be properly documented and labeled according to company standards.
· Responsible for printing relevant receiving reports to ensure that all are received or sent with no outstanding PO's or transfers.
· Properly secures company assets and physical inventory and follows all loss prevention and key control procedures.
· Ensures that electronic article surveillance (EAS) security tags are placed onto all newly received product as indicated by company policy.
· Alerts management and appropriate home office contact to any items that are not scanning.
· Responsible for visually checking and alerting management to any received merchandise that is damaged or missing.
· Alerts management and home office to any deliveries in excess of four pallets that were not scheduled by a single vendor.
· Prepares the daily printing of signage and price changes for all merchandise when requested.
· Responsible for overseeing the damaged products area and ensuring items in need of shrink-wrapping are attended to in a timely basis.
· May be required to contact customers regarding order arrivals.
· Checks all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, portal, etc).
· Assists in the training and development of associates as needed.
· Where applicable, coordinates the recycling programs including toner, ink, batteries and electronics.
· Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position, as outlined in the training checklist.
· Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of business.
· Maintains general cleanliness of receiving area, lunchroom and washrooms as assigned, which may include garbage and recycling collection and disposal, according to company standards.
· Responsible for the safe and proper use of all store equipment and are required to inform management of any maintenance issues regarding the equipment.
· Associate is expected to maintain a safe working environment and follow all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
· Ability to engage drivers and customers in a friendly and professional manner.
· Ability to plan, organize and prioritize effectively and efficiently with a sense of urgency.
· Ability to make decisions related to all aspects of shipping and receiving that supports company guidelines and makes good business sense.
· Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team.
· Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required.
· Forklift training may be required.
o One year previously related experience is preferred.
o Working towards or successful completion of high school is preferred.