Staples Store #56 located at 1999 Marine Drive N.Vancouver BC is currently seeking a motivated and career minded individual for the following position:
Email: Send resume and cover letter to this ad poster
Online: go to http://www.careers.staples.ca/
In person: visit our store located at 1999 Marine Drive N.Vancouver BC between 10am and 5pm Mon-Fri. Bring your resume and cover letter and ask for the Manager on Duty.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Directly responsible to accurately receive all merchandise, including saleable and non-saleable, into the store and coordinates all outgoing shipments. Communicates merchandise arrival to store team to ensure appropriate turnaround time of stock and organizes freight to the sales floor. This associate will also have keyholder responsibilities for the back door.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for coordinating product flow to the sales floor and, time permitting, is required to assist fellow associates with the placement of product.
- Responds to and directs customers as needed.
- Responsible for scanning and verifying all received product against the packing slip.
- Assists in the Return to Vendor (RTV) process as required.
- Accountable for the input and integrity of appropriate back end paperwork. Responsible to forward for approval to appropriate manager and/or home office.
- Monitors and investigates variances related to receiving documents including purchase Orders (PO), courier forms and transfers.
- Develop and maintain an efficient filing system for all relevant paperwork (Purchase Orders (PO's), courier forms, transfer documents, etc).
- Using proper scan receiving procedures, responsible to ensure all shipments are received, sent and keyed on the same day including warranty services.
- All out going product is to be properly documented and labeled according to company standards.
- Responsible for printing relevant receiving reports to ensure that all are received or sent with no outstanding PO's or transfers.
- Properly secures company assets and physical inventory and follows all loss prevention and key control procedures.
- Ensures that electronic article surveillance (EAS) security tags are placed onto all newly received product as indicated by company policy.
- Alerts management and appropriate home office contact to any items that are not scanning.
- Responsible for visually checking and alerting management to any received merchandise that is damaged or missing.
- Alerts management and home office to any deliveries in excess of four pallets that were not scheduled by a single vendor.
- Prepares the daily printing of signage and price changes for all merchandise when requested.
- Responsible for overseeing the damaged products area and ensuring items in need of shrink-wrapping are attended to in a timely basis.
- May be required to contact customers regarding order arrivals.
- Checks all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, portal, etc).
- Assists in the training and development of associates as needed.
- Where applicable, coordinates the recycling programs including toner, ink, batteries and electronics.
- Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position, as outlined in the training checklist.
- Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of business.
- Maintains general cleanliness of receiving area, lunchroom and washrooms as assigned, which may include garbage and recycling collection and disposal, according to company standards.
- Responsible for the safe and proper use of all store equipment and are required to inform management of any maintenance issues regarding the equipment.
- Associate is expected to maintain a safe working environment and follow all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to engage drivers and customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize effectively and efficiently with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to make decisions related to all aspects of shipping and receiving that supports company guidelines and makes good business sense.
- Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team.
- Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required.
- Forklift training may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress or physical discomfort may occur.
- Conditions may cause physical discomfort due to significant exposure to uncontrollable temperature and noise from delivery trucks, fumes from trucks, dirt and dust. Due to direct contact with delivery trucks, forklifts, and use of the bailer machine there is higher risk of personal injury if safe working habits are not practiced.
- A significant output of physical effort is required through lifting, bending, pulling, twisting, etc. Movement of freight by use of ladders and stock pickers is required.
- Conditions exist where you may not be able to choose when to stop for a period of two consecutive hours, due to the continual receipt of deliveries.
- Required to work a varying work schedule in order to meet the needs of the business. This would include working evenings and weekends as directed by management.
- One year previously related experience is preferred.
- Working towards or successful completion of high school is preferred.
Indeed - 5 months ago
STAPLES, has grown to be the leading office product and technology supplier in Canada. Our success is a result of offering deep discounted...