Can you imagine being isolated for months with no visits from family or friends?
_This is unfortunately the reality for many seniors and adults with physical disabilities living independently in Toronto.
Our non-profit organization the Society of Sharing: Inner-City Volunteers provides services to help ensure at-risk seniors eat well, stay active, maintain their health, remain connected to the community and continue to live independently in their own home for as long as possible._
*Everyone welcome to apply; currently in need of Cantonese speakers.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
- Eligible for a reference letter after 6 months of service
- Gain experience, benefit from training sessions and workshops, learn about community resources, and make connections in the community.
- Improve the quality of life for a person in need
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Help clients feel secure and independent
- Assist by helping to minimize illness, hospitalization and premature institution
- Provide friendly companionship while reducing loneliness and isolation
- Must consent to a Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Minimum 1 year commitment
- A genuine interest in helping others
*If you are interested in volunteering your time to assist a senior in your community or would like to learn more about our programs, please contact:
(416) 413-0380 ext. 224*
or email: christine [at] societyofsharing.org
Or visit our website to learn more about us: www.societyofsharing.org
We are a non-profit that helps to reduce isolation among seniors, and adults with physical disabilities,in downtown Toronto, by recruiting...