THIS IS A FLUENTLY BILINGUAL (ENGLISH/FRENCH) POSITION
Temporary, 35 hours/week for 12 months with potential for renewal or regular full time.
An immediate opportunity exists for a qualified Bilingual person to support the editorial team of Scott’s Directories, a division of Business Information Group, the premier name for business and trade news among Canadian publishers. Our magazines (print and online) and directories cover more than 30 industries in both English and French.
- Assigning product descriptions/codes based on the NAICS coding system
- Updating company profiles within a database from multiple sources
- Contacting companies by phone/email to verify or clarify data (no selling required)
- Proofing of corporate information
- Other clerical duties as assigned
Core Qualifications Include:
- Excellent command of both English and French (verbal and written)
- Strong and accurate keyboarding skills; minimum of 40 w.p.m.
- Strong attention to detail; data entry and proofing
- Positive and professional telephone manner
- Minimum grade 12
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in an extremely busy, deadline-oriented environment
- Familiarity with Product Coding Systems (ie – NAICS) a definite asset
While we thank all interested applicants in advance, only those most closely qualified will be contacted.