Simply Accounting Bookkeeper - Fulltime
DFC Woodworking is seeking an experienced and dynamic bookkeeper who thrives in a fast paced small office environment. You will drive the continual improvement of all aspects of our accounting and administrative needs.
- A hands-on administrative whiz who enjoys a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities
- A high energy goal-oriented competitor
- Extremely organized, detail oriented and analytical
- Tech savvy with proven ability to quickly learn and understand new technologies
- An excellent communicator (oral and written) with strong command of the English language
- A dynamic multi-tasker able to adjust to multiple competing and/or rapidly changing priorities
- A keen lifelong learner. Proficient in online research and education
- Great at solutions based thinking and problem-solving
- Able to effectively follow projects through to completion with little supervision
- A great shopper - able to efficiently sourcing and negotiating great value for whatever goods or services are required
- Able to execute duties with tact and diplomacy while maintaining strict confidentiality
- Self confident with a "thick skin" who does not take things personally and values the learning opportunity from all feedback
- Able to work flexible hours and do whatever is necessary to get the job done.
Your duties will include:
- Driving efficiency of all accounting and administrative functions
- Reconciling statements and vendor accounts
- Accounts receivable & payable (including collections)
- Data entry
- Making shipping arrangements
- Running errands
- Assisting operations team with call overflow, customer service
- Ensuring our environment is clean and organized.
Required Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in accounting
- Minimum three years experience in a professional Canadian office environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good working knowledge of Simply Accounting
- Experience with both accounts receivable and accounts payable is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work both unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Learns quickly and enjoys problem-solving.
- Typing speed of 40+ words per minute.