Ryan/Smith is an established design and marketing firm with a rich and diverse history of 23 years, in the Ottawa-Carleton region. R/S has a unique opportunity in the creative department for a Senior Graphic Designer. The senior graphic designer will report directly to the founder and creative director, and will be responsible for developing a range of print and interactive concepts and designs, within the following processes:
- Preparing creative layout and design, while adhering to technical specifications for both print and interactive (web development, video production, digital media)
- Working to timelines, while managing and tracking schedules, ensuring all projects are completed on-time and within budget
- Brainstorming and partnering throughout the conceptual process with other staff designers as needed
- Connecting and dealing with outside freelancers and print vendors
- Reviewing and approving proofs and print samples for color, content, accuracy
- Organizing and maintaining all artwork files
- Maintaining awareness of design trends in conjunction with emerging technologies in print and interactive design, as well as consumer marketing and social media
- Completing assignments in a meticulous, efficient manner while supporting overall company goals and marketing objectives
This position requires a minimum of:
- 5-8 years in the graphic design and interactive industry, preferably in an in-house or agency setting
- Expert proficiency in Adobe CS4 and Adobe CS6 Creative Suite
- Intermediate to expert to web programming knowledge (HTML, CMS, PHP and CSS)
- Outstanding print production knowledge and skills
- Graphic design degree or diploma
The following would be considered strong assets:
- Working knowledge of WCAG, FIP and CLF 2.0.
- French language skills
- Copy-writing skills
- Video editing capabilities: Adobe AfterEffects (or other complementary motion
- Self-starter and team player
To apply, please send a little about yourself and your resume to corp (at) ryansmith.com
No phone calls or agencies, please.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted.