Job Description – Marketing Associate
Accountable for providing a high level of sales support to help attain sales and business goals. In harmony with this objective is an emphasis on satisfying client needs and expectations through efficient and effective service. This position is expected to provide professional, knowledgeable sales and service support thereby contributing to new sales and conservation of existing business.
- Working in a dynamic and changing environment with new expectations, and multiple priorities.
- Directly responsible for providing the kind of professional environment to maintain organization and focused on helping advisors make new sales while providing a high level of service to existing clients.
- Maintaining a positive outlook and attitude; ability to tolerate ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Building trust relationships with advisors, co-workers, business partners and clients.
- Process new business applications and inforce changes on Access (internal), Fund Ex (mutual funds), W-Insurance (life/seg funds)
- Maintain daily pending folder
- Weekly meeting with advisors. (advise status on any pending business)
- Respond to queries and requests for information from our customers.
- Contact clients for missing information. (arrange for parameds etc)
- Ensure proper documentation is received from advisor (Privacy Disclosure, Commission Disclosure, Appointment Summary)
- Assist in preparation of client meetings (KYC’s, pre-populated forms)
- Set up and maintenance of client files and advisor cabinets
- Maintain follow up system for advisors. (provide weekly abeyance listing)
- Set up meetings – arranging advisor schedule.
- Prepare monthly client summary statements.
- Provide one-off illustrations to Associates brokers from illustration software systems
- Prepare policy illustrations.
- Prepare new policies in presentation folder for delivery.
- Maintain marketing supplies for insurance carriers & mutual fund companies (including prospectus).
- Maintain product knowledge (read marketing material using software; attend industry meetings and industry courses).
- Maintain knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, excel, access, outlook, calendar)
- Back Up for reception (breaks, lunch & holidays)
- Create mail merges to existing/potential clients.
- Prepare seminar materials (mailings, follow up phone calls, invitations, handouts, ordering equipment etc)
- Mail outs of newsletters/publications
Required skills and behaviors:
Communication: strong interpersonal skills; keeps people informed; listens well; responds promptly to requests and suggestions; confronts issues in an open and honest manner; excellent written and oral communication skills.
PC skills: proficient in all Microsoft Office products; aptitude for learning new technology.
Change management: understands the need to change; responds to change in a positive manner and develops understanding and skill required for success; takes personal responsibility for adapting to change.
Time management and organization: ability to prioritize multiple tasks and expectations; ability to plan and organize work; meets deadlines.
Ability to work independently: versatile, flexible, ability to be a self starter.
And in a team environment: promotes harmony (open, approachable); recognizes and respects the needs of co-workers and business partners; promotes and supports all business goals and objectives.
Negotiations: requires strong negotiating skills to deal with multiple requests; flexible and able to set /redefine priorities throughout the day to satisfy all parties.
Professional behavior: is committed to providing support to the highest level of integrity and ethical conduct in all areas of our business.
Decision making: accepts responsibility for dealing with issues promptly; ability to apply sound judgment and able to recommend solutions to problems; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
Ability to build and manage trust relationships: with clients, all business partners; co-workers.
Add value, pro-act: innovative spirit; ability to identify what needs to be done, set goals and then achieves them; looks for ways to improve processes, makes it easier for the advisor.
Commitment to lifelong learning and self-development