Assists the Sales staff in the coordination of the day to day activity of the sales department. Assist in all sales record keeping and administration, attends departmental meetings and hotel meetings when required.
- Provide assistance and support to the Sales Managers with assignments and tasks including filing, faxing, general correspondence, contracts, proposals, and site inspections.
- Assist in the research of space in Galaxy.
- Conduct site inspections of Hotel when required.
- Provide reception coverage if requested.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Starwood rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel's facilities.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- High School or equivalent education required.
- Post Secondary Education preferred
- Must possess good computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Galaxy, ISAC or related computer experience an asset.
- Demonstrates ability to perform multiple tasks in a high stress environment and be flexible.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Must be a self motivating individual.
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems. Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task. Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.