The Councils of the Rural Municipality of North Cypress and Town of Carberry, with the support of Way To Go Consulting Inc., are seeking an individual that will bring strong leadership skills to this position.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Takes a key role in promoting and building the community.
- Leads the development of a long-range plan for the operation and continued success of the municipalities.
- Plans, directs and coordinates the day-to-day activities required to implement the plan and achieve the goals and objectives approved by the Councils.
- Recommends new initiatives, programs, policies and plans for the Councils to consider.
- Develops and implements a process for preparation of annual capital and operating budgets.
- Provides responsible financial planning and management of a combined budget of over $5 million.
- Develops positive relationships and maintains open communication with all stakeholders and constituencies of interest to the municipalities.
Ideally, you will possess technical skills and experience in municipal administration, financial management and human resource management. Strong communication, analytical, and leadership skills are just some of the requirements of the position. Candidates who have post-secondary education in a relevant discipline bring an educational advantage to the position.
There will be opportunities to grow and enhance your skills by contributing to the advancement of the economic and community development of both municipalities. Further professional development will be offered in order to ensure your success.
The Rural Municipality of North Cypress and Town of Carberry are situated along the Trans-Canada Highway between Brandon and Portage la Prairie. The extremely fertile land has led to development of a prosperous and growing agricultural, commercial and industrial community with a combined population of 3,500.
The right candidate can expect a comprehensive salary and benefits package.
Individuals interested in this position should send a resume and cover letter, marked CAO Application, to the Town of Carberry at P.O. Box 130, Carberry, MB R0K 0H0, or email. The selection committee intends to review applications as early as February 25, 2014.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for
further consideration will be contacted.