Organization: Professions North/Nord (PNN)
Deadline: Monday, January 21, 2013
Start date: February 1, 2013
Job type: Full time
Professions North/Nord (PNN) is a bridge training program for internationally-trained professionals (ITPs). PNN is an initiative of Laurentian University with support from the Government of Ontario.
This position is located in Sudbury at the PNN Office. Working closely with the Administrative and Client Services Officer and reporting to the Project Manager, this person will have the following responsibilities:
- Contact clients and provide assessment, information and orientation services to internationally-trained professionals (ITPs).
- Provide quality program services and assist clients to develop and work through a work ready action plan.
- Promote PNN services and register clients for the online courses.
- Deliver client service to clients from the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
- Maintain contact with ITPs through regular follow-ups to assess client progress and give support
- Attend regular staff meetings and keep the team updated.
- Collection of data for reporting purposes.
- Provide timely monthly reports with accurate information.
- Enter program registrant data into client data tracking sheet.
- Outreach and attend public and community events as assigned by supervisor.
- The successful candidate will have university degree in social sciences or business.
- At least two years of experience in client services and employer relations.
- Experience in the settlement sector is an asset
- Fluency in both languages (English and French)
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and have current knowledge of the Canadian labour market trends specifically in Northern Ontario.
- Good understanding of cultural and social background of immigrants and refugees, and an awareness of issues facing ITPs.
This is a full-time maternity leave position for six months (February-July 2013) with possibility of extension for an additional six months if funding is available. Salary range $42,000 to $46,000 annually (pro-rated).
To apply for this job, please send your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30 pm on Monday, January 21, 2013. For more information about PNN, visit www.professionsnorth.ca.