Pacific Salmon Industries, established in 1974, is looking to reinforce its current team with a number of people who are innovative, self-motivated and adaptable to new situations. If you are someone who exhibits these qualities, you belong with Pacific Salmon Industries. We are looking for team members for both the day and night shifts. The individuals we are looking for may have specific knowledge and experience with seafood or food production. As well, they will be interested in learning new skills and are looking for an opportunity to apply their knowledge in support of our corporate purpose. We believe our purpose is to unlock the full potential of our industry, its people and the natural resources of the world’s oceans as we pursue sustainable seafood solutions.
- Provide leadership support to Operations on the plant floor. Individuals at all levels will be relied upon to work with other employees to maintain production and quality levels in a safe and efficient manner.
- Furthermore, individuals will be expected to be a role model to his or her peers, ideally exemplifying the behaviors and norms expected of employees with this company.
- Co-ordinate and/or support activities of the plant staff to ensure that plant production is meeting productivity goals as well as contribute to production efficiencies
- Facilitate co-ordination and communication between Plant Supervisors and Lead Hands
- Identify and respond to problems regarding plant operation
- Observe safety rules to ensure that they are adhered to
- Comply with all company policies
- Train plant workers to ensure adequate and consistent production levels as well as Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A proactive individual who aspires to continuously learn
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong people skills to communicate efficiently with different personalities and backgrounds
- Excellent problem solving that identify gaps as well as solutions on how to improve production and processing
- Desire to maintain and enforce a safe work environment
- Physically able to lift or move at least 25 lbs.
- Comfortable in working with numbers
We are looking for people to enhance Pacific Salmon Industries. If you feel like you can add to our company and meet the following requirements, please apply.
Entry Level - Junior Level Positions (ie. General Labourers)
- good problem solving ability
- an attention to detail
- a desire to learn
Senior Level Positions (ie. Team Leaders, QC & Manufacturing Experience)
- Previous leadership experience is necessary
- Experience in processing and manufacturing seafood is strongly preferred
- Must have knowledge regarding fish as well as species, grades, cutting etc.
- The individual should have some of the following certifications:
- Food Safe
- Forklift Driver
The hours of this position can vary by demand. At times the individuals will have to will have to work on weekends as well as various shifts.
If you are interested in this challenge, please call our office – (604) 501-7610. If we do not pick up, please leave a message letting us know what time we can reach you and at what phone number. (Please note that we office staff are not here on the weekend, so we will not have the opportunity to contact you then.)