Training Specialist – Wealth Management (downtown Vancouver)
Qtrade Financial Group is committed to offering comprehensive, market-leading wealth management solutions to the retail public as well as the customers of over 180 financial institutions including credit unions, banks, trust companies and financial planning companies across Canada. We currently administer over $7 billion of investment assets through our subsidiaries and have been ranked best Online Broker from The Globe and Mail for 6 years in a row. Our goal is to be a leading provider of wealth management solutions to enable our stakeholders to achieve their financial goals.
The position of the Wealth Management Training Specialist supports the design, development and delivery of a comprehensive financial training curriculum for a financial advisor community of mutual fund, securities and insurance advisors.
This is an excellent professional opportunity with direct accountability for ongoing program management, including workshops, webinars, coaching, web presence and e-Learning modules. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the overall management of designated advisory training and learning programs. These programs require specialization in delivering all aspects of financial advice, using tools and systems utilized by our advisors, in-depth knowledge of related compliance and operational requirements.
The incumbent will be expected to deliver and actively contribute to the design and development of all advisor training and support resources including advisory case studies, newsletters, sales and practice management tools and resources.
The successful candidate must have a strong interest in working with advisors, enjoy a fast-paced environment within the financial services sector and a passion for delivering the highest level of learning support.
Deliver and manage advisory programs
- Provide facilitation, classroom instruction, conference calls and webinar training as required to new and existing learners
- Deliver web-based learning through Qtrade Academy
- Provide pre-program support to learners and their leaders with program expectations, learning curriculum, progress and coaching as required
- Provide ongoing learning support to employees for advisory learning programs
- Adhere to the compliance and regulatory requirements for training MFDA and IIROC-licensed employees
Be accountable for the accuracy, relevance, effectiveness and appropriateness of content developed and delivered within all advisory learning programs
- Design and develop high quality content to enhance advisor capability
- Build and maintain an inventory of advisor-friendly resources and tools, including advisor reference guides, newsletters, technical papers, articles, process maps, helpful hints, best practices and FAQs
- Review and update learning materials with time-sensitive data prior to each program to ensure accuracy of materials
- On an ongoing basis, monitor program content to ensure that it is consistent with the objectives of the business, identify opportunities or requirements for enhancement/adjustment
- Proactively and on an ongoing basis, identify opportunities for program enhancements, revamps and continuous improvements; and advocate for, propose and implement plans for delivering on these changes
- Participate actively in the validation, piloting and finalizing of content enhancements and updates
Act as subject matter expert
- Be the subject matter expert for advisory programs and for any and all platforms and applications used by the advisor community
- Provide in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the relevant business, including products, policies, practices, systems and procedures
- Support committees and initiatives as required
- Remain current with business developments, learning trends and organizational shifts
- Keep current on all issues concerning MFDA and IIROC regulations and other education requirements relative to programs
Contribute to and support the measurement advisory learning solutions
- Meet measurement benchmarks that are set out
- Support builds of new measurement approaches or enhance existing approach
- Evaluate results and make changes/enhancements as appropriate
- Strong background within the Investment industry; minimum CFP and/or PFP / CLU accreditation
- Prior experience in a Financial Advisory role, with demonstrated success
- A specialized degree and corresponding depth of technical knowledge in the area of financial planning, investments and wealth management
- Broad knowledge of the industry (internal and external) and in areas such as sales management, financial planning and advice, training and facilitation
- Adult learning certificate an asset
- Well-developed training and facilitation skills, both in person and via web delivery
- Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate and present ideas and information
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Familiarity with adult educational program design, development and delivery
- Experience using electronic communication technology and software (web presence and e-learning)
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Email / Internet systems
- Working knowledge of advisor platform systems such as Univeris, Dataphile, Financial Software / Calculators, etc. will be considered a strong asset
o Well-developed relationship sales skills and portfolio management
o Proven ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships
o Ability to influence others where there is no direct-report relationship
o Self-managed, with ability to be effective in unstructured environments
o Proactive and self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
o Well organized and able to work effectively to deadlines
o Good problem solving and decision-making skills
o Results-oriented, demonstrating ownership and accountability
o Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team player
o Strong commitment to exceptional customer service
o High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
o Resourceful, creative and adaptable to a changing business environment
o Must be willing to travel (approx a month every quarter)
Location: We are located at Bentall One, downtown Vancouver (corner of Pender and Burrard), 2 blocks away from the Burrard Skytrain Station.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only applicants selected for a preliminary interview will be contacted.