Regional Sales Associate (downtown Vancouver)
OceanRock Investments (OceanRock) is one of Canada’s fastest growing investment management organizations. We offer a full range of managed portfolio solutions and individual funds to meet the needs of individual and institutional investors. Importantly, OceanRock has a core commitment to Socially-Responsible Investing (SRI) through its Meritas SRI Funds. SRI has gained prominence in investor portfolios and represents over $600 billion or approximately 20% of overall industry assets under management.
OceanRock is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Qtrade Financial Group (Qtrade) which offers comprehensive, market-leading wealth management solutions to both the retail public as well as the customers of over 180 financial institutions across Canada. Qtrade currently administers over $7.5 billion of investment assets through its subsidiaries - its goal is to provide its clients with industry-leading tools and services to help them take charge of their financial future.
OceanRock is currently looking for a results-oriented Regional Sales Associate to be part of its dynamic National Sales team. This team develops sales opportunities and provides service support to our strategic partners, dealer partners, as well as, independent advisors offering a comprehensive suite of investment solutions.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer of OceanRock Investments.
Regional Sales Associate
- Collaborate in developing and executing an effective territory plan to meet agreed-upon sales targets, consistent with our overall business strategies;
- Proactively build and enhance financial advisor relationships to help generate sales across all distribution channels and investment solutions;
- Offer outstanding service to existing financial advisor clients and use superior sales skills to further develop and cultivate these important relationships;
- Provide on-going inside sales and service support to the team of Western Canadian-based external sales professionals;
- Conduct on-going, one-to-many training sessions to target partner channels to advance the sales cycle;
- Assist in developing target sales and marketing campaigns for partner firms and individual financial advisors;
- Minimum of 5 years sales or sales or investment-related experience in the financial services industry;
- Demonstrated track record of building sales within a defined region and/or target market;
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Commerce
- Completion of Canadian Securities Course (CSC), with CFA, CFP and/or CIM/FCSI designations preferred;
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with clients and provide compelling reasons to further develop sales opportunities;
- Familiarity with retail investment products and portfolio solutions is critical;
- Outstanding communication and sales skills; and,
- Extremely strong team orientation and flexibility to handle multiple priorities within an energized environment.
Location: We are located at Bentall One, downtown Vancouver (corner of Pender and Burrard), 2 blocks away from the Burrard Skytrain Station.
Thank you for your application, unfortunately due to volume only those selected for a preliminary interview will be contacted.